8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Print Reviews   » Mistakes from Grease 3x400ft

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Mistakes from Grease 3x400ft
Aser Queipo
Junior

- posted October 16, 2007 04:13 PM      Profile for Aser Queipo   Email Aser Queipo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello everybody ! [Smile]

This is the first time Iīm in the forum and Iīd like to talk about 3x400ft version films.

This time I discuss about "Grease" on 3x400 from Marketing Film International.
The last reel has got a montage mistake. Itīs made as if they had placed the 35mm negative
the wrong way round.
This happens in the last musical scene.
The letters of the "T BIRDS" jackets and the name of Rizzo (Riz) in his pink jacket are the wrong way round.
Also... Danny drives his car as if he head a British one !!
 -
All these things donīt happen in the German version from Marketing Film. The German one has
got better sharpness and colour it doesnīt turn into a brown image. [Wink]

--------------------
"May the force be with you".

|  IP: Logged

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted October 16, 2007 05:42 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Aser,

A warm welcome to the forum which I'm sure you will enjoy. I have to say that I had never noticed those faults before but will watch out for them in the future.

I have the Derann short of this and will watch it to see what version that is.

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Graham Sinden
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 17, 2007 07:30 AM      Profile for Graham Sinden   Email Graham Sinden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Aser,

Ive noticed those faults before mainly during the last song as the giant spinning wheel or turntable (not sure what you call them) is on the other side to what you see on the telly.

Im sure I also had a 200ft Derann scope extract (summer nights) which was printed the wrong way round but derann changed it at the next BFCC without quibble. [Smile]

Graham S

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC