8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Print Reviews   » AIRPORT 1x400ft

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: AIRPORT 1x400ft
Patrick Walsh
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 26, 2008 03:40 AM      Profile for Patrick Walsh   Email Patrick Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Universal 8's 400ft version of AIRPORT
Film begins with that classic AIRPORT theme music as we get a nice title sequence of the main actors names, we fade to a shot of the plane flying we see Dean Martin'c character as well as the other guy whom plays the pilot, they get a radio message telling them of a stow-away an old woman, we cut to the air hostess checking if the old woman is still sitting in her seat we see Whitt Bissel's character as well as the bad guy with the bomb in his brief case, we cut to the cockpit again to see the pilots recieving a message that there is a man on board with the bomb, they seem to work out that it is the man next to the old lady who has the bomb, we see the cockpit again with the old lady being told that they know that she is a stowaway, and that they need to try and get the man next to her's briefcase, so she then puts on a act in the cabin and Dean Martin trys to grab the case but the man gets up and runs to the toilet room where he lets the bomb off, we see the plane going down, cut to the cockpit again to see them deciding to land the plane, we cut to the aprport where the snow is on the runway so we see trucks/ploughs etc clearing the snow away, the plane lands and the theme music begins again as we finish the reel.
Not a bad film, one of my guilty pleasures, I have the full feature on 16mm and alot of the story has been removed for the digest but it still makes a good show, picture and sound is very good.
Patrick [Smile]

--------------------
"Raise The Titanic!", It would of been cheaper to lower the Atlantic!

|  IP: Logged

Jean-Christophe Deblock
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 27, 2008 03:01 PM      Profile for Jean-Christophe Deblock     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Patrick,

I'm agree with you.

"AIRPORT" is one of my favorite film.
I've the digest in SCOPE and It's really great.

By the way, do you have the 16mm print in scope? Technicolor?

Do you sell it? I'm searching this film.

Regards,

JC.

Patrick Walsh
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 27, 2008 03:43 PM      Profile for Patrick Walsh   Email Patrick Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Jean
Yes my 16mm AIRPORT is scope/technicolor, may sell it, I have not really thought about it! [Wink]
mine however has alot of scratches and at the end of some of the reels the colour goes a bit strange almost like the ink used to print it has gotten wet.
Also have Airport 77 and Airport 80. buth are good films!
Pat

--------------------

Larry Arpin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 30, 2008 01:12 PM      Profile for Larry Arpin   Author's Homepage   Email Larry Arpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here are some pics from the scope version:
 -

-

It still looks pretty good. It looks like it was printed on SP stock. Of course, it cannot compare to a Tech print.

Patrick Walsh
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 31, 2008 04:49 AM      Profile for Patrick Walsh   Email Patrick Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Larry
Those screen shots look great, is it from a 16mm copy of super 8??
Pat

--------------------

Larry Arpin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 31, 2008 10:41 PM      Profile for Larry Arpin   Author's Homepage   Email Larry Arpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They are from my Universal 400 foot super 8mm digest print. It is very sharp.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC