8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Print Reviews   » Buck Rogers

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Buck Rogers
Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted April 22, 2008 05:29 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just bought a Universal 8 copy of Buck Rogers, it's 200' and features Gil Gerard. There is no main title other than the Universal 8 logo.

A voice over explains about Captain Rogers deep frozen state which brings him into the 25th century.

There's fast action with a concluding "shoot 'em up" of the deadly raiders.

The film finishes with "Buck Rogers - Coming Soon." I assume that this may be in part a trailer for the 1979 cinema showing of the television pilot which (according to Maltin) was released theatrically first.

--------------------
Maurice

|  IP: Logged

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted April 22, 2008 11:52 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have this as well, (though faded). I think this was a promotional film, though it seems a little long, perhaps they added that "coming soon" to the end of a series of scenes.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC