8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Print Reviews   » Cinema! Cinema! Promo

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cinema! Cinema! Promo
Simon McConway
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 02, 2008 01:22 PM      Profile for Simon McConway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I recently purchased this through the excellent Derann company. A used print (50') nevertheless superb; has a toe-tapping (pop) soundtrack which you'll still be singing as you go to bed that night! Shows clips of many films and famous faces; Sellers & Moore to name just two. Fast moving & gets any audience in the mood. Has some nudity mind you!

|  IP: Logged

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted May 02, 2008 05:54 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Simon,
I have this cinema promo also, and as you say it has a catchy theme music. I am by no means a prude, but I am embarassed to show this as a warm up for a super 8 show, as I feel sure the fairly explicit nudity, even though brief, would offend quite a few people, and it's definately out if their are youngsters in the room. There are much better show opening reels than this one- my favourite is the superb 'Pieces of Silver'.

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted May 02, 2008 09:23 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This was on the latest Derann used list and the text stated that it's actually a promo for a German film magazine, so I presume the nudity reflects the content of the magazine.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Simon McConway
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 04, 2008 02:01 PM      Profile for Simon McConway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My copy is that exact one from the latest Derann list...I managed to secure it!

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted May 13, 2008 11:08 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I did have this item and liked the content very much, unfortunatly the song got on my nerves a bit so eventualy i (reluctantly) sold it on. [Wink]

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted February 06, 2014 03:27 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Watched this 30 footer again last night and, even though it is a great film show intro and tune, I still would not show it as it could very easily offend a lot of people.

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Oemer Yalinkilic
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 07, 2014 02:47 AM      Profile for Oemer Yalinkilic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is actually an advert for the german movie magazin Cinema.
I have nearly complete back issues until end of the ninties.
This was the first good movie magazin in germany and yes, the content is the same like the advert.
They are many different adverts from Cinema magazin and another one is also released on Super 8 (I think it was from Rainer Stefan). The Super 8 print looks a little bit grainy, but I have this spot also on 35mm and the problem is the 35mm master, it is grainy and the Super 8 print is perfect.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC