8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Print Reviews   » Police Academy II

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Police Academy II
Simon McConway
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 04, 2008 03:34 PM      Profile for Simon McConway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Warner Bros 1985. This entertaining non-top action film looks at the comedy situations a group of inept cops get themselves into. Finding themselves up against a city gang they know their mission is to win back public support by getting shot of the gang. The main leader of the gang is intentionally cast as one of the softest guys you'll ever meet who sporadically puts on the tough guy act! There are various hillarious episodes along the way, like when the police captain's shampoo is swapped for super glue!

My print is of outstanding quality; colour, definition and sound are easily up to that of a good 16 mm print, though this is obviously Super 8. A few lines on my print spoil it very slightly, but other prints available hopefully won't have this.

|  IP: Logged

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted May 04, 2008 07:26 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I thought Bobcat Golthwait was the best thing about this film. He has a certain moronic, slightly possessed charm, one line I like ...

(They go to an amusement park, he says to his gang ..)

Uuuuuh do they have a Ferris Wheel?

Yeah yeah!

uuuuUUUUH Aigh! I HATE FERRIS WHEELS!!

(and then they proceed to tear apart the theme park!)

Who released this? Was it a complete feature? Stereo or Mono

AND ....

Who was the distributor? (Derann? ect)

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Mal Brake
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 05, 2008 05:01 AM      Profile for Mal Brake     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Police Academy 2 was released by Derann as a 2 x 600ft mini feature. As this film is episodic, the editing is good and unrushed.
It had a mono soundtrack, and as Simon posted, the print and sound are very good.
Mal

--------------------
I'm gonna live forever or die trying

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted May 07, 2008 06:40 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am fortunate to have a copy of this, i wasnt too keen on this series of film but this second one wasnt too bad and does make for a good 1200ft hour long film. The quality is excellent, but,,,,, i was so very annoyed because upon the first an test viewing i was so happy that my print was perfect and without a single mark,
Got my audience in to find it now has a black scracth to far far right, all the way thru, i have reduced it greatly and most people dont even notice but this is the second time this happened with my old 1200 and i could never find the reason for this, still, i kept the print and am still p[leased with it. The print qaulity does more than make up for it. [Wink]

James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 13, 2008 07:45 AM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for reviewing this one Simon!

I didn't really like it (the full feature) when it was released in the 80's, but find it funnier each time I see it now. Its such a cheezy 80's comedy, but still very fun, with some great characters.

If possible, could you or anyone list what scenes are in this digest? I'll be looking for a used copy of this.

Thanks.

James.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC