8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Print Reviews   » TRAILER REELS (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: TRAILER REELS
Larry Arpin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 27, 2009 12:29 AM      Profile for Larry Arpin   Author's Homepage   Email Larry Arpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kevin-I only have the 2 reels(Sci-fi & Spielberg). I almost got the Blood & Guts reel which sort of spawned this thread. Do you have the lists I sent out? I believe John Clancy was asking for these.

I know the lab that CHC uses and they charge a lot to make a negative. So recovering negative costs may be a factor in producing single trailers. To make a negative to produce a 200 foot reel of super 8 would cost around $700.

|  IP: Logged

Kevin Wardle
Expert Film Handler

- posted August 27, 2009 01:36 AM      Profile for Kevin Wardle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, Larry I don't have your lists, could you send them to me?? [Wink] Also, what was on the Blood & Guts reel? I've kinda heard of it but can't remember much about it.. [Confused]

Kevin

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted August 27, 2009 11:11 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Larry ...

You shouldn't be so hard on your assessment of your trailers. The colors look splendid on that sci-fi reel! I put in a e-mail for both of the copies that showed up on Derann's list but got beat out both times.

Next time I see it, well, perhaps, the third time will be the "charm".

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 27, 2009 05:55 PM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Larry-

Thanks for those wonderful screen shots. Its funny, Osi took the words right out of my mouth- You are WAY too hard on yourself about the colors. They are among the best of ANY releases on super 8.

I consider this Sci-Fi reel to be the best trailer reel ever released on super 8. The biggest stand out trailers are:

OUTLAND- While I'm not a huge fan of the movie, this trailer is long and plays almost like a mini-digest. The scenes unfold as the music plays in the backround, while dialog blends over that, which tells the plot / story. Then, the fast-paced montage of clips, leading to the climax. Like I said, better than the movie.

BLADE RUNNER- Here's another trailer that really captures the sci-fi / film noir feel of the actual movie. It touches on the suspence and action of the movie, as well as the romance. Great content, all the way. Ends with a bang, as Harrison Ford tries to jump across a building.

As I said, all of the trailers are great, but these stand out as trailer masterpieces to me.

PS- Larry, does the "Tron" trailer on your reel end abruptly after the animated car chase, or is it complete?

Thanks again!!

Ralf Hoff
Expert Film Handler

- posted August 28, 2009 03:45 AM      Profile for Ralf Hoff   Email Ralf Hoff   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Osi and James,

I you are right, this scifi trailer reel is great and hard to find. I for myself was also looking for that reel.

Osi I ordered this reel from deranns latest list, but both were already sold. Mmmmmh you didn't get one, so who are the lucky guys????

But in the latest derann list there was also a nice trailer reel. I ordered this from Gary and it was still available, its already on the way to me. The reel includes the following trailer in CS:

Bandolero (Western with J.Stewart and Dean Martin)
Zuli (with Michael Caine)
Star Trek First Contact
Executive Decision (with Kurt Russel and Halle Berry)
In the line of fire (thriller with C.Eastwood)

I hope to make some shots to put here in the forum.

I' m also interested on the blood and guts reel.

What trailer are on it????

I think it includes the trailer to Cronenbergs Scanners and Dead & Buried, but I 'm not shure.

So can somebody help to find out what trailer are on the blood an guts reel????? [Wink]

Ralf

--------------------
Arbeits- & Interessengemeinschaft Celluloidfilm
Ehrenamtlich im Einsatz für das Film-Hobby

Cine 8-16
Das Magazin rund um den perforierten Film
www.celluloidfilm.de

Ralf Hoff
Expert Film Handler

- posted August 28, 2009 10:17 AM      Profile for Ralf Hoff   Email Ralf Hoff   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The trailer reel already arrived and here are the pics:

First an intro to cinemascope:

-

after that bandolero

-

-

then Zulu

-

now the triple trailer reel:
first contact

-

the print is not red, its just a borg scene, see the following

-

followed by Executive Decision

-

and at last (but not least) in the line of fire

-

sound an picture of all trailers are still good, a nice reel in CS.

Ralf

--------------------

Cine 8-16
www.celluloidfilm.de

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted August 28, 2009 11:46 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good screenshots dude!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted August 28, 2009 12:34 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ralf, I am curious to know your theater set up. Will you possible to post in in our Your Screening Room Pictures's thread, please

cheers,

--------------------
Winbert

Larry Arpin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 28, 2009 03:15 PM      Profile for Larry Arpin   Author's Homepage   Email Larry Arpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here are some trailers that are on the Blood & Guts trailer reel:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmJC3ZaXBEc SCANNERS
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZmlEh34unM DEAD & BURIED
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMwoMmHke_s THE BEAST WITHIN
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0jLzbJHxfU HUMANOIDS FROM THE DEEP
GALAXY OF TERROR was also on it but youtube didn't have the right one. This is just about what I remember, but I'm sure there is one or two more.

Adrian Winchester has the B&G trailer reel 2 and made a list:

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Cat People
Creepshow
The Slumber Party Massacre
Student Bodies
Heavy Metal
The Howling

James-I will have to screen the Sci-fi trailer again to see if the TRON trailer cuts off but I don't think so.

Larry

Ralf Hoff
Expert Film Handler

- posted August 28, 2009 03:33 PM      Profile for Ralf Hoff   Email Ralf Hoff   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Winbert, in the moment my theater is under construction. There are no seats for the audience (I still looking for them), so I must look the films alone. The projection room became a new wall, so it is sepratly to screening room.

When all will be finished I take some pics in the thread, I promise.

Larry,

I didn't know about two blood & guts trailer reels [Eek!]

From reel two I have two single trailers Creepshow and Heavy Metal, great trailers. Both films I like to have in my collection. Perhaps Adrian can make some screenshots of this reel.

From the first one I've a single trailer of HUMANOIDS FROM THE DEEP in 16mm with german sound. It is different to the (english) Trailer on youtube.

Ralf

--------------------

Cine 8-16
www.celluloidfilm.de

Larry Arpin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 29, 2009 01:22 AM      Profile for Larry Arpin   Author's Homepage   Email Larry Arpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
James-Here is a movie capture of the TRON trailer where the light cycles are.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xzyOywVfJs

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted August 29, 2009 08:45 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kevin - I've got the 400' first 'Stop Motion Trailers' but I unfortunately never got the second. I'll keep looking but I'll probably have a hell of a job finding one. I wondered what the other 4 on the reel are?

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Kevin Wardle
Expert Film Handler

- posted August 30, 2009 12:24 PM      Profile for Kevin Wardle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, Adrian

I got this from Derann and they only had a few copies as I can remember...The Trailers are:

Jason & The Argonauts
Clash Of The Titans
Clash Of The Titans alternate version
Divine Madness
Caveman
Q - The Winged Serpant

Very good selection!

Best, Kevin

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 03, 2009 04:51 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Larry.
As I wrote on YouTube, some of your trailers seem to be absolutely great.
Even if I own the full feature, I would like to have the ET one! Fantastic print.

Osi is right, Ralf.
Great shots!

I think a really interesting Derann SCOPE reel (at least for me) was the one including:

THE ROBE
A FISTFUL OF DOLLARS
REBEL WITHOUT A CAUSE.

The first two are excellent. A little bluish the third one.

-
 -

From CHC I recently had the trailer for SIGNS.
Also a very good print in scope.

-

Still looking for some Disney's I miss in my collection (TREASURE PLANET and FINDING NEMO, for example...) [Roll Eyes] .

--------------------
I remember when I was (super) 8 years old...

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC