8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Print Reviews   » AIRPORT 80 THE CONCORD 2X400FT

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: AIRPORT 80 THE CONCORD 2X400FT
Patrick Walsh
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 28, 2008 01:52 AM      Profile for Patrick Walsh   Email Patrick Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello all.
Just brought the 2x400ft Universal 8 digest of AIRPORT 80 THE CONCORD.
Packaging is nice with yellow sleves and a nice drawn picture of the concord flying along with a rocket about to hit it.
story begins with a quick cut theough the main tiles, we meet the main characters Robert Wagner being the villian in this film and "Mr Airport" George Kennedy is back and he is flying the plane along with a young David Warner,
Some old woman gives a woman passenger some papers about some illegal rocket testing that Robert Wagner is in on so he decides that the plane must be destroyed so he sends a rocket to blow it up but the piolts are to quick and the concord escapes and lands, once airborne again a cargo hatch has been fiddled with so it opens while the plane is in the air, the plane then makes a crash landing in the European mountians and all are saved, Bad guy then shoots himself! [Confused]
A nice digest and I think is better than the full feature.
Pat [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Raise The Titanic!", It would of been cheaper to lower the Atlantic!

|  IP: Logged

Paul Spinks
Master Film Handler

- posted November 28, 2008 08:36 AM      Profile for Paul Spinks   Email Paul Spinks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
But it's all worth it just to see the lovely Sylvia Kristel again. [Wink]

Mark Williams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 28, 2008 01:47 PM      Profile for Mark Williams   Email Mark Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It would be Paul,but she is totally cut out of the Universal 8 version!!

You could always cut in the famous airline seduction scene from Emmanuelle I suppose LOL [Smile]

David Kilderry
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 29, 2008 06:24 AM      Profile for David Kilderry   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That is funny Mark......and the first thing I thought of too.

Mark Williams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 29, 2008 06:50 AM      Profile for Mark Williams   Email Mark Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great minds think alike!!!

Paul Spinks
Master Film Handler

- posted November 29, 2008 08:08 PM      Profile for Paul Spinks   Email Paul Spinks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Universal 8 cut Sylvia Kristel out of the "Airport 80: The Concord" digest!!!!!!!! The Philistines. [Mad] It was one of the very few films where she kept all her clothes on as well! It's almost as bad as Derann cutting Thora Hird out of "The Quatermass Xperiment"

Paul.

Mark Williams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 30, 2008 06:58 AM      Profile for Mark Williams   Email Mark Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I totally agree,I was looking forward to seeing her again too!!

Douglas Meltzer

- posted December 02, 2008 10:08 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -

Luckily, Ms. Kristel can be found fighting evil spies in the digest of her second picture for Universal, "The Nude Bomb".

Funny how there are different spellings of "Concorde" on the U-8 box. The top cover title has the 'e' on the end, whereas the side panels drop it. The 'e' returns in the text on the back and is also on the aircraft itself in the cover art.
Depending when (and where) you saw the film in the theaters, it was also known as Airport '79!

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Jean-Christophe Deblock
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 02, 2008 12:46 PM      Profile for Jean-Christophe Deblock     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi everyone,

3 reflections about AP'80.

1) We can see Sylvia Kristel at the end of the digest. When the concorde crashed on the mountain, sylvia kristel was pushed out of the aircraft by Alain Delon. Whaw! What a chance!

2) Concord with or without an "e"? When France and Great Britain decide to build the aircraft together, they were not agree about the name of it. Then, one day, they decide to call it "concord". The frensh decided to write it with an "e" and the english without it.
The aircraft use in the movie is the aircraft n°3, immatriculated F-BTSC and owned by Air France. That's perhaps why the name on the aircraft is written with an "e".
This aircraft is the only concorde crashed on july 25th 2000 near Gonesse!
Was the film an omen?
Anyway, you can see a picture of the aircraft painted for the film at Paris-Charles De Gaule here:
http://www.airliners.net/photo/Air-France/Aerospatiale-BAC-Concorde-101/0540785/M/

3) I'm asking why Universal release such bad superproduction on 2x400ft and the first and the best Airport on 1x400ft!

Regards,

JC.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC