8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Print Reviews   » A NIGHT TO REMEMBER full feature

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A NIGHT TO REMEMBER full feature
Patrick Walsh
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 05, 2008 05:50 PM      Profile for Patrick Walsh   Email Patrick Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I brought from Perry's the full feature DCR print of A NIGHT TO REMEMBER, I have the 400fter of this film (see review I did on it)
It would have to be in my mind the "difinitive" Titanic film, it is just so epic and it cuts all the fictional love rubbish out that other Titanic films have, this film one a golden globe award as well!
An interesting note about this film is that a number of special effect shots used in ANTR were taken from the German Titanic film of 1943, All the shots of the Titanic sailing during the day are from that film along with several shots of the engine room flooding.
being shot in b/w also gives it a sence of realism and I believe that the film was released in scope but I may be wrong as the dvd I have of it is presented with back bars top and bottom.
print quality is very good and this feature also includes the dead child in the water scene this is not on the dvd and vhs versions.
Would recomend it to everyone and if a copy comes up for sale in the future grab it!
DCR did a fine job on this film! [Big Grin]
Pat

--------------------
"Raise The Titanic!", It would of been cheaper to lower the Atlantic!

|  IP: Logged

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted December 05, 2008 08:12 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Definitely one I would want to add to the collection in the future!

How is the quality? I.E. Sharpness, contrast (grey tones) ect.

Thanks for the review.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted December 05, 2008 08:30 PM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yep same here, I have this thing for the ship itself. And this is another great picture from Roy Ward Baker. I wish I could find a film version of that, to this day the best print I have is the Criterion Laserdisc...

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Patrick Walsh
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 05, 2008 10:03 PM      Profile for Patrick Walsh   Email Patrick Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The print quality is very good the blacks are black and the whites are white and all in between is good, a bit of grain at the heads and tails of the reels, but aprt from that a tru epic!
It is on 3 800ft reels.
Pat

--------------------
"Raise The Titanic!", It would of been cheaper to lower the Atlantic!

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC