8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Print Reviews   » Castle Of Death - Walton 200ft.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Castle Of Death - Walton 200ft.
Kevin Wardle
Expert Film Handler

- posted July 31, 2009 02:01 PM      Profile for Kevin Wardle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -

Castle Of Death - Walton 200ft Colour/Sound. Also available in B/W Silent 200ft.

I can remember when I saw this film in the Walton Catalogue back in the dark days of 1979. I was about 13 and very much into Hammer. I wasn't sure if this was from Vampire Circus or not. Years went past and I got the 4x400ft feature of said film. I forgot about Castle Of Death until I went to Derann's Blackpool bash and I finally found a copy and still sealed, too! If you haven't seen Vampire Circus, the pre-title scene is just a mini movie on it's own. Basically, Vampire count Mitterhouse uses a village woman to bring young girls to his castle to suck their blood. The villages revolt, Universal monster films style, storm the castle and kill the count. That is the whole 8 minute movie in a nutshell. I wished Walton would release a 400ft and around 1980 they did. However, I found the film hard to find. Since I got this 200ft extract of Castle Of Death I got sent a B/W silent film of the same extract and have added that to my collection too. Walton may have gone, but they have left a legacy of many fine extracts and features. Recommended if you can find a copy.

Sound B Picture B

|  IP: Logged

Terry Lagler
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 31, 2009 04:31 PM      Profile for Terry Lagler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice reveiw Kevin, makes we want to get this one!
Being in Canada I've not come across many Walton prints. But I like what I've seen so far. Recently got a 400' Invaders From Mars (53) and was amazed how good the color still is.
Would be intersting to see a list of what Walton released - especially in the Horror Sc-Fi genres.
Cheers
Terry

Kevin Wardle
Expert Film Handler

- posted August 01, 2009 05:33 AM      Profile for Kevin Wardle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Many thanx, Terry. I am a bit of an authority when it comes to Walton Films. I will try and do some lists and more reviews, stay tuned..As for buying Walton prints ebay has got to be the way to go. Walton films still have very good colour. I have two Walton films on the forum for trade, why not take a look? I also have some Walton cuttings and catalogues, etc..

Best regards, Kevin.

[ August 01, 2009, 02:21 PM: Message edited by: Kevin Wardle ]

Keith Ashfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 01, 2009 06:36 AM      Profile for Keith Ashfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Guys. Pages from the 1979 Walton catalogue are below -

Pages 1 - 8

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Further pages - see below

[ August 01, 2009, 12:23 PM: Message edited by: Keith Ashfield ]

--------------------
"We'll find 'em in the end, I promise you. We'll find 'em. Just as sure as a turnin' of the earth".

Keith Ashfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 01, 2009 10:34 AM      Profile for Keith Ashfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pages 9 - 16

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Seee below -

[ August 01, 2009, 03:58 PM: Message edited by: Keith Ashfield ]

--------------------
"We'll find 'em in the end, I promise you. We'll find 'em. Just as sure as a turnin' of the earth".

Kevin Wardle
Expert Film Handler

- posted August 01, 2009 02:11 PM      Profile for Kevin Wardle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
WOW!!! Thats the one I have! Got it from Walton back in 1979. Still got it too! I have an old 1973 catalogue and the booklet LGP relesed in 1989. Do you, or anyone have anymore of these catalogues to scan. Sorry I don't have a scanner so I can't scan any of mine.

Keep em coming, Kevin

Keith Ashfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 01, 2009 03:58 PM      Profile for Keith Ashfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The last few pages of the Walton Catalogue.-

-

-

-

-

-

Here's the last of the pages.

-

-

-

--------------------

Terry Lagler
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 21, 2009 12:07 PM      Profile for Terry Lagler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kevin, just saw your scans, Super! first time I've seen any Walton catalogs.
I realize you can't upload larger sizes but any chance you can e-mail your scans to me at
terry(dot)lagler(at)rogers(dot)com
I'd love to be able to read them more easily.

Cheers!
Must go check out your other reveiws now!

Kevin Wardle
Expert Film Handler

- posted August 21, 2009 12:37 PM      Profile for Kevin Wardle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Terry,

Many thanks for the kind words! [Razz] The Scans were Keith Ashfields and thanks must go to him for those! [Big Grin] [Wink] [Smile]

Very best regards, Kevin.

Terry Lagler
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 21, 2009 01:01 PM      Profile for Terry Lagler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OH, yes, silly me thay are from keiths reply.

Reading your Walton reveiws with great interest.
Cheers
Terry

Keith, if your reading this, do you have larger scans you can sen me??
terry(dot)lagler(at)rogers(dot)com

Love this stuff!

Kevin Wardle
Expert Film Handler

- posted August 21, 2009 02:01 PM      Profile for Kevin Wardle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No worries Terry, thanx for the kind words! [Big Grin]

Kevin.

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted November 16, 2015 03:57 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i wonder how many walton films got out but not included in any of their catalogues, for example,
man in the iron mask,3 x 400, saturn 3 400 footer which im still waiting to get hold of, the medusa touch. unless of course there was a catalogue i missed.
i have to say i found walton films to be really good,always a good sharp picture and sound generally very good, the fact that the balance stripe went missing for a period of time never,(on my elmo's) caused any problems. and i will add that there colours on all our walton films have held up really well.
BTW as i type this i am awaiting my copy of castle of death to arrive from chc

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted November 20, 2015 12:39 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Totally cool putting up those vintage catalogs!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC