8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Print Reviews   » IT CAME FROM BENEATH THE SEA 400 ft. Columbia

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: IT CAME FROM BENEATH THE SEA 400 ft. Columbia
Brian Paul Cook
Film Handler

- posted May 02, 2010 08:22 AM      Profile for Brian Paul Cook     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Columbia's annoying habit of adding voiceover narration is works better here, and questionably helps in some spots, allowing for the insertion of footage that without the narration would have probably been omitted. One reason it works better is that this film is strung together with its own narration and this condensation slips somewhat smoothly from the films narrator to Columbia's narrator hired for the condensation. The print quality is stunning, the continuity excellent for a Columbia cut-down, and when it's over, I felt like I had seen the best of the original film. However, I have not gone back and watched the full-length movie and could be mistaken. Great fun though and highly recommended.

--------------------
Brian Paul Cook

|  IP: Logged

Gary Crawford
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 03, 2010 09:18 AM      Profile for Gary Crawford     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brian's review is just about right on the money. Very nice print quality....and,yes...the narration is not quite as annoying on this one... The editors did a good job of including a lot of the animation footage...which is what people wanted when they bought this film. Normally when I get hold of a feature version of one of these digests, I get rid of the digest...but in this case, I'm keeping it. It's good enough to show casual audiences who don't have a lot of time for a feature. It's a keeper. My print has very very good sound as well.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC