8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Print Reviews   » BUCK ROGERS IN THE 25TH CENTURY - 200FT PRINT REVIEW RETROSPECTIVE

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: BUCK ROGERS IN THE 25TH CENTURY - 200FT PRINT REVIEW RETROSPECTIVE
John Higgins
Junior

- posted July 13, 2010 11:19 AM      Profile for John Higgins   Email John Higgins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Possibly the first of the 8mm extracts I saw at the age of 11 - the Universsl 8 200FT release of BUCK ROGERS - seen at home shortly after I saw it in a double-bill of BATTLESTAR GALACTICA and BRIT25C.

This extract contained a modified voiceover using the same text in the beginning of the theatrical release, followed by selected scenes on board the Draconia, his first meeting with Huer, Wilma, visiting old Chicago a brief sequence at the dance with Buck's immortal boogie with Ardala and the first fighter battle in outer space.

There is one irritable edit involving the fighters, when Buck blows the pirate ships up and it cuts to the pirate ship blowing one of the Earth Starfighters.

The music score isn't from BUCK ROGERS, but Stu Phillips music from BATTLESTAR, but this doesn't affact the enjoyment of a really neat 8 minute digest. Print quality overall was very good.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC