8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Print Reviews   » AVATAR trailer

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: AVATAR trailer
Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted July 14, 2010 06:43 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is now available from Classic Home Cinema. I may be wrong, but I thought Phil Sheard told me at the March BFCC that it would be in scope, so it was a surprise to discover it's a masked flat print. The masking is very pronounced, making the ratio around 2:1.

The trailer takes its time (it lasts 3 minutes, 15 seconds) in giving a sense of the story, via some key lines of dialogue. Needless to say, it's full of spectacular scenes. As with some of CHC's trailers, it's taken from a German master, but in this case it's of minor significance as the captions are all entirely straightforward, such as the German for 'December 2009' and examples of previous James Cameron films. As usual with the German lab, the print is nice and sharp. Their prints can have certain colours that are slightly muted but that isn't very noticeable in this instance. It's unfortunate that there are several fade outs/ins, as the black areas appear to lighten somewhat and you briefly lose all sense of the masking. This helps make you wish it was in scope as a film with this visual splendour ideally needs to fill the screen (and the 2D version and a few of of the 3D screenings were in 'scope), but it's still a pleasure to screen it on Super 8. The sound is good and far better than on the recent 'Terminator Salvation' trailer release. I'd recommended that all Sci-Fi and James Cameron fans snap this up. I'd be interested to know if and USA owners are buying it re-recorded in stereo via The Reel Image ?

[ July 15, 2010, 04:28 AM: Message edited by: Adrian Winchester ]

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

|  IP: Logged

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 17, 2010 09:07 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Could someone post some pictures of it?
Thanks.

--------------------
I remember when I was (super) 8 years old...

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 30, 2010 01:23 AM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would love to have the AVATAR trailer. Anyone know where to get one?

--------------------
" Faster then a speeding bullet, more powerful then a Locomotive "."Look up in the sky it's a bird it's a plane it's SUPERMAN"

Larry Arpin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 30, 2010 01:28 AM      Profile for Larry Arpin   Author's Homepage   Email Larry Arpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I believe Steve Osborne carries it. Check with him:

The Reel Image (CHC & Derann New Product Reseller)
No Web site. For magazine and list subscriptions write to:
2520 Blackhawk Road
Kettering Ohio 45420
USA
24 Hour Voice Mail: 937-296-9036

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted January 19, 2011 05:32 PM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just got this today from Steve Osborne. It's terrific! The color and sound is fantastic. I will post a screen shot within the next few days.

-

-

-

[ January 21, 2011, 05:36 AM: Message edited by: Pasquale DAlessio ]

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC