8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Print Reviews   » THIS IS IT Trailer Scope

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: THIS IS IT Trailer Scope
Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted January 29, 2011 03:48 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It was a little bit much for me when I spotted at the sunny Blackpool Film Collectors Convention good old Derann had the trailer for MJ’s This Is It and moments later it was in my hand. A fan of Michael’s music for many years it was nice to see this special import become available and it didn’t disappoint.

The reel is pretty full of film and I hazard a guess of around 70 feet on it so value for money here. Also the film was main and balance striped so as the film came recorded mono it wasn’t that long before the Eumig was out again and I re-recorded it in Stereo. By the way the sound stripe on this is extremely high quality so a belting track can be dropped onto it. Dropping the 8Z scope lens in front of the standard Elmo lens we were keen to see what it looked like on the Scope screen. If you know the trailer it doesn’t disappoint fans with the usual MJ click and thumping down beat music then the visuals. The print is bright with less colour saturation than we were used to from the UK lab but our eyes are adjusting to these here. Click thunp click thump went the superb audio track and then here it was the long trailer for This Is It…

We watched it three or four times and have also now included it into one show which went down well. This is one of those films which will also be collected by MJ memorabilia fans as well as film collectors and a welcome modern musical trailer to my collection.

Print 10/10 Original Mono Sound 9/10

Re-record it into Stereo and that sound track comes alive!

|  IP: Logged

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted January 29, 2011 03:55 AM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lee

Sounds like a "Thriller" trailer. Where can I get one?

Pat

Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 29, 2011 04:25 PM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pat, call Steve Osborne at The Reel Image [Smile]

--------------------
Joe Taffis

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted January 30, 2011 04:12 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Pasquale
Derann have a limited stock as well so you can get one there also.
Happy Days!

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC