8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Print Reviews   » 'Premature Burial' scope trailer

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 'Premature Burial' scope trailer
Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted February 17, 2011 09:17 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The following is from a review I did for 'Projections':
Over the years, trailers to some of Roger Corman’s other AIP films based on the works of Edgar Allan Poe have appeared on Super 8, and Premature Burial (1962) makes a welcome addition. The trailer runs for just over two and a half minutes, so has time to build up a nightmarish atmosphere, aided by a voiceover that includes lines such as: “You are about to enjoy an experience in extreme terror.” Ray Milland plays an artist haunted by a fear of being buried alive and Hazel Court, his beautiful new wife, is also briefly seen. Strangely, the master used has no captions, although I needed to run it two or three times before I noticed. The scope print is pleasingly sharp. I usually feel that Super 8 releases from the German lab are a little muted in colour but this trailer features a succession of lurid tints, so it’s certainly colourful. The sound is very clear and full-bodied; it’s like returning to ‘the old days’ of Super 8! Recommended to all fans of classic 1960s horror. It cost a very reasonable $24 (about £15) plus postage and can be ordered from The Reel Image.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

|  IP: Logged

Gary Crawford
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 07, 2011 08:26 AM      Profile for Gary Crawford     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes...very nice artistically well done trailer....colors nearly perfect....and tremendous use of the scope screen....as they have the scene of the casket being carried on top of the hill across the screen right to left. Sure wish they'd put out the feature. Mine 16mm is very brownish in color now. I can also recommend the Pit and the Pendulum trailer....vibrant color..but slightly choppy preprint.

Mark Williams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 07, 2011 01:00 PM      Profile for Mark Williams   Email Mark Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice review Adrian,I personally feel trailers are the way to go to keep super 8 alive.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC