8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Print Reviews   » dr.zhivago full lengh

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: dr.zhivago full lengh
Luis Caramelo
Master Film Handler

- posted June 12, 2011 02:31 PM      Profile for Luis Caramelo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
my friends there,s nothing to say about this masterpice,i guess
all collectors know this film,from the book of boris paternak
this,s my favorite david lean,s film,i got a superb print from
kympsky,great scope.

regards

luis caramelo [Razz]

|  IP: Logged

Oscar Iniesta
Master Film Handler

- posted June 12, 2011 03:19 PM      Profile for Oscar Iniesta   Email Oscar Iniesta   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Luis, it is incredible to see that big street, and other sets, which were built here in Spain, close to Madrid. Unfortunately, nothing from Samuel Bronston films survive the past of time. I saw in a documentary, that some trees from a big set, are growing in one lonely location, next to the clothes store ruins. Even some russian landscapes were locations near Madrid.

Luis Caramelo
Master Film Handler

- posted June 13, 2011 06:25 AM      Profile for Luis Caramelo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi! oscar,you are absolty right,we can step on the streets set
and it seems we make part of the movie(imagination)the time goes by but timelss movies like this one it will be forever

by the way have you got a print of this too?

regards
luis caramelo

Oscar Iniesta
Master Film Handler

- posted June 14, 2011 01:23 PM      Profile for Oscar Iniesta   Email Oscar Iniesta   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello. I don´t have any print of these films shot in Spain. I have been interested in them during the last years, and I have seen the movies and some TV documentaries about that adventure. It is sad to see that there were big cinema studios here.

Chris Batt
Film Handler

- posted July 28, 2011 02:20 PM      Profile for Chris Batt   Email Chris Batt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Would love to see Dr Zhivago through a Projector, I have the condensed version (17mins) and I love it. It has pinked through the years so the actors look more healthy than they should [Smile] Will be hunting a fuller version, maybe I will be lucky.........

Luis Caramelo
Master Film Handler

- posted July 28, 2011 03:33 PM      Profile for Luis Caramelo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi! chris,i,m glad youlike dr.zhivago to,i hope you can find the
full lenght,i have to sell the 3x400ft in o.b colors not fade at all...

regards

luis caramelo

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted August 04, 2011 12:35 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I remember reading many yeasr ago, (back in the late 1980's when I first collected Super 8) that there was a full length version of this in super8 optical sound. However, the print was flat and not scope.

Since the airline flights only allowed for 110 minutes for a feature running time. This was either split into two cartridges for long flights, (overseas?), or, it was one of those smaller technicolor cartridge films, which means it would run as many cartridges as necessary.

For Instance, "Pocket Full O Miracles' (a super 8 optical feature I have from the early 1960's) ran for 6 cartridges, as each cartridge was approximately 20 to 25 minutes in length.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

peter booth
Master Film Handler

- posted August 09, 2011 11:58 AM      Profile for peter booth   Email peter booth       Edit/Delete Post 
Derann had it in their catalogue 7x600ft Colour Scope,
Regards,
Peter.

Luis Caramelo
Master Film Handler

- posted August 26, 2011 12:31 PM      Profile for Luis Caramelo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi! fellas my print it,s on 8x600ft from kimpsky

regards

luis caramelo

Lars-Goran Ahlm
Expert Film Handler

- posted August 26, 2011 02:18 PM      Profile for Lars-Goran Ahlm   Email Lars-Goran Ahlm   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Kempski prints was originally supplied on 12x400.
At least my copy was, bought in 1987, and still the most expensive copy in my collection.

--------------------
"The trouble with these international affairs is that they attract foreigners"

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC