8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Print Reviews   » Super 8 Trailer

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Super 8 Trailer
Adam Deierling
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 11, 2011 02:05 PM      Profile for Adam Deierling   Email Adam Deierling   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just got my copy of the Super 8 trailer today. Its an awesome print! The color is vibrant and the picture is very sharp. It is now available from The Reel Image. Give Steve a call at 937-296-9036.

|  IP: Logged

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted October 11, 2011 06:47 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As mine will arrive any day now, I'm delighted to hear it. Is yours on the new estar stock with a single stripe? I haven't seen this yet but I'm expecting it to enhance the colour.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted October 12, 2011 03:45 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Amazing and great news Adam.

Its also worth mentioning the Classic Home Cinema have these in stock and they will also be on sale at the North West Film Fair in the delightful blue box.
[Cool]

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted October 16, 2011 12:46 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Doug Meltzer showed it at CineaSea tonight...

-and I missed it because I was fiddling with the sound system!

Now that's just plain wrong!

(It sounded good!)

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Douglas Meltzer

- posted October 16, 2011 08:58 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Steve asked very nicely so we watched it again this morning. Just as Adam described....it's great!

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted October 16, 2011 11:19 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's true!

I was there and saw the whole thing!

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted October 17, 2011 05:38 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just curious folks, was it flat or Scope any details of the trl content and running time.

Graham.

Adam Deierling
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 17, 2011 05:55 PM      Profile for Adam Deierling   Email Adam Deierling   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Its scope! I think its about three minutes. Give or take.

Bill Phelps
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 18, 2011 06:43 PM      Profile for Bill Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Graham...It's the same as the one that was on the 'Super 8' website before the film came out. Looks like the same one you had posted pics of.

It is scope and it looks great. I'm so glad to have a piece of this on "film" I thought the movie was great.

Bill [Smile]

[ October 23, 2011, 01:00 PM: Message edited by: Bill Phelps ]

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted October 23, 2011 01:10 AM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Bill
Glad to hear it was the Scope version which was more interesting than the flat one, plus a much longer running time.

Graham.

Simon McConway
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 23, 2011 06:27 AM      Profile for Simon McConway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I now have my 'scope print from Phil Sheard at Classic Home Cinema. It is an outstandingly good print on all accounts, and the blue box it comes in looks very professional. Well worth every single penny. Well done Phil.

Mark Mander
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 23, 2011 08:21 AM      Profile for Mark Mander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes great trailer,I re-recorded mine into stereo and looks and sounds great.I also bought the new True Grit trailer which is also nice,Mark.

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 1.0 lens
Elmo ST1200HD 1.1 lens
Sankyo 800 1.0 lens
Elmo 16CL
Elf NT1

Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 26, 2011 04:56 PM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Steve Osborne called me yesterday as I had inquired about my order for this trailer which I have not received yet. He told me I'm on the waiting list for the next order of prints. He also said he hasn't sold this many new films in a long time, which was good to hear. [Smile]

--------------------
Joe Taffis

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted October 27, 2011 08:44 AM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Steve advised me that there was a delay in relation to the polyester prints. I suppose the ones now available are all acetate (with balance stripe) and judging from the great feedback, the yellowish tint associated with the acetate stock isn't too conspicuous.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 24, 2011 03:36 AM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just received my copy, along with the latest issue of THE REEL IMAGE. Very nice quality print, but I wish it had stereo sound. [Smile]

[ November 30, 2011, 10:02 AM: Message edited by: Joe Taffis ]

--------------------
Joe Taffis

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted August 31, 2013 06:47 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ran the GS1200 last night and took a quick screen shot..
 -

Ernie Zahn
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 01, 2013 02:08 PM      Profile for Ernie Zahn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cool!

--------------------
Check out the trailer for my feature length Spaghetti-style Western:

Six and Bisti

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC