8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Print Reviews   » The Empire Strikes Back (200')

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Empire Strikes Back (200')
Douglas Meltzer

- posted December 30, 2011 11:06 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This 200 footer is a fun, fast moving 8 minutes. It starts with Vader realizing the rebels are on Hoth, then cuts to the battle with the At-At Walkers. Leia, Han, Chewbacca and C-3PO escape in the Falcon and when the hyperdrive fails, they head into an asteroid field. The pursuing ships are destroyed and Han pilots the ship into a cave. The reel ends with Leia saying "I hope you know what you're doing."

Ken released this in a nice box with a soundtrack cassette, similar to the earlier 200' Alien. Unlike that one, this print is sound striped with a mono soundtrack. The blues are still strong on my print, but there is a shift to the Dark Side....I mean red side....of the spectrum.

-

-

-

-

-

-

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

|  IP: Logged

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted December 30, 2011 12:41 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Many thanks for that review Doug!

It looks like that last section of the reel (asteroid), suffers from the same bad negative problem, which was cured for the last releases on LPP stock (as, I forget his names, sorry, that fellowws screens shots show).

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC