8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Print Reviews   » Dream House (Collectors Club)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dream House (Collectors Club)
Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted February 28, 2012 04:34 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
DREAM HOUSE 1932
Collectors Club (1978)

For those growing number of collectors who seem to be rediscovering the bargain basement films released on 8mm film by Collectors Club here is a nice little treat with a fair bit of filmic history attached.

Bing Crosby stars along with the delightful Ann Cristy in what was originally a 19 minute two reeler and filmed in Sennettcolor. Collectors Club released this in abridged form but with a very respectable and full 200ft reel in super 8 sound during 1978. Apart from the storyline it also featured the hit song composed by Sammy Fain ‘When I take my sugar to tea’ which will have your feet tapping and interesting enough Derann Films also released another 200ft reel titled ‘Melody Maker’ in which Sammy actually sings this song which makes a good partner for Dream House in a programme. The overall quality of this CC release is fairly good considering the year with some tram lines on the original vintage print used for mastering. Sound is good and the whole reel is a nice little vintage collectable movie although abridged as I say. Printed on 70’s Acetate stock they all need a bit of lubrication but do run a treat after that and this little old gem is a nice short to screen within a vintage programme.
Print 8/10
Sound 8/10
http://youtu.be/PrzBR8hhB40

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC