8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Print Reviews   » High Society Part 1 - The Romance

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: High Society Part 1 - The Romance
Brad Kimball
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 03, 2012 10:45 PM      Profile for Brad Kimball   Email Brad Kimball   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I like this digest alot. The editing is very nicely done and what's better is that all the songs are intact and not looped over a bunch of quick clips of various other scenes as in "The Sound Of Music" and others I've seen. The digest opens with Louis Armstrong's title song on the bus with the band. Next we have Bing singing "Little One" to the little girl. We then go to "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire" with Celeste Holm and Ole Blue Eyes. The scene moves to Bing thanking Grace Kelly for some of the best years of his life by the pool and leaving Grace the model of his boat "True Love" moving right into the song. The final scene is the song "Your Sensational" ending part 1. My print is badly faded with the only blues present being in the "True Love" song. There's hardly any narrative in this which, if you know the movie as well as I do, doesn't much matter. I'd rather have complete musical numbers than plot every time. Every scene fades nicely and slowly into the others without appearing choppy. A nice digest overall and a real treasure if you can land a print without the bad fade that mine has. I'll follow up with Part 2 - 'The Wedding' shortly

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC