8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Print Reviews   » Return Of The Vampire 200' (Subtitled Version)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Return Of The Vampire 200' (Subtitled Version)
Brad Kimball
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 04, 2012 11:25 PM      Profile for Brad Kimball   Email Brad Kimball   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A nice little goodie with some good scenes from the movie. It opens with Bela biting the young girl and then being disposed of prior to WWII. The bombs strike London and up comes Bela's hand from the dirt only to rise again (I have the RCA/Columbia VHS version of this movie and it actually doesn't have this scene in it. In my VHS copy Bela is resurrected when Billy Bevan yanks the spike from his chest). He looks to exact his revenge and is eventually brought to his end in the sunlight by Andreas. The editing is actually capably done. However, this title definitely suffers from having no audio. The subtitles are often lengthy as a result of Columbia trying hard to explain the plot and are not on the screen for very long. Often you end up not being able to read all the type on the screen and I purposely projected it at 18fps to see if it made a difference and it didn't. Funny note... At one point the subtitles are superimposed directly over Bela's open mouth which always makes me giggle. The editing is done well, but, how I wish Columbia had released it in a sound edition. It definitely needs its audio.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC