8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Print Reviews   » LET ME SING 1933

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: LET ME SING 1933
Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted April 25, 2012 06:12 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
LET ME SING 1933
200ft Collectors Club
Released August 1978
200ft B&W Sound

This was released around the final year of Collectors Club operating as a business selling low cost package movies. By this time they had switched to a slightly better printed film stock for better results and the magnetic stripe had even got better for sound recording. Let me Sing is a musical reel which features Al Jolson, Harry Langdon amongst others and is taken from the 1933 film Hallelujiah, I’m a tramp (Bum). The feature is quite unusual in many ways and this little reel is a nice episode from the movie which is an entertaining slice of Hollywood history if you like vintage material that is. Sound quality is good and has that sort of deep crisp sound the old Warner musicals used to have which is always a pleasure to hear let alone watch the film. The master material used had a few marks but on the whole not bad for CC.

As mentioned about a year later from the release of this short Collectors Club were no more and I missed them at that time having been ‘in the club’ for some time like many others. Derann picked up the negative I seem to remember and did prints as well but they were missing one tiny thing, that little yellow or blue box Collectors Club members looked forward to receiving along with the film inside it.
Happy days.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC