8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Print Reviews   » A Farewell to Arms 1932

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A Farewell to Arms 1932
Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted November 20, 2012 02:40 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A Farewell to Arms 1932
Collectors Club 4X400ft
It’s one of those films I’ve never seen before for some reason and really enjoyed it. I particularly liked the photography with the film securing two academy awards at the time. Helen Hayes and Gary Cooper are the leading names in this story of love under wraps where they are governed by arm rules and regulations. As I say beautifully filmed especially for a 1932 talkie and good to know Collectors Club released this feature full length which I timed 80 minutes on the Elmo. The film ending is a tearful climax for what will remain an enduring 1932 gem I am sure.

Once again bargain basement films Collectors Club released one of the early talkies which were the mainstay of the company and this found its way onto Super 8 sound in 1978 I’m pleased to say, so its only taken me 34 years to get round to buying a print! Talking about the print I did set out to do a detailed report on the quality of it but got that wrapped up in the story didn’t make many notes, but the second 400ft reel does contain a few lines from the original master used with the sound also being Ok for the year.

When buying Collectors Club its worth remembering the 8mm prints they made were produced for a low price point so you won’t see Derann quality here. But it is worth having a few films within the collection perhaps from a nostalgia or 8mm film history point of view.

Second hand film fair price buying guide UK.
200ft Sound reels £4 to £10
400ft Sound reels £5 to £12
4X400ft Sound Features £20 to £40

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC