8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Print Reviews   » Paths to Paradise-Feature w/Raymond Griffith

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Paths to Paradise-Feature w/Raymond Griffith
Richard Bock
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 25, 2012 09:41 AM      Profile for Richard Bock   Author's Homepage   Email Richard Bock   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was fortunate enough to acquire two silent feature film prints (Milestone Movie Corporation of Monroe, Conn.) on Standard 8mm starring Raymond Griffith. I never heard of the man before I got these. The first one is Paths to Paradise. I was pleasantly surprised at the intelligence of the star, the ensemble of actors, and the genuinely fine, well paced entertainment. Production values, especially the lighting are first rate.

Screen shots are from my Standard 8mm print which is of excellent quality.

-

-

-

Review from 1925-
"PATHS TO PARADISE
starring Raymond Griffith and Betty Compson
PICTURE PLAY
October, 1925

Raymond Griffith is getting so good that something should be done about it. Hardly a month goes by that he doesn't make one of the best comedies I have ever seen. At least that's what I think every time I see him.

This time the picture is about some pleasant crooks. At first they try to outwit one another, and then they join hands and decide to steal a diamond pendant.

Two detectives are their unwilling aids, and the theft is prolonged pleasantly throughout the picture.

All Mr. Griffith's pictures are so nicely timed. The comedy is set at a certain pace and holds to it, and "Paths to Paradise" is no exception.

Betty Compson is the lady crook. "

[ December 01, 2012, 08:14 AM: Message edited by: Richard Bock ]

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC