8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Print Reviews   » Captain America (Scope/Stereo) (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Author Topic: Captain America (Scope/Stereo)
Guy Taylor, Jr.
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 01, 2013 09:12 AM      Profile for Guy Taylor, Jr.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Captain America digest (Scope/Sereo)

The following is a brief review of the quality of this new digest. The film has a stereo sound track that I can't review because of problems with my stereo receiver; the sound through my projector receiver, however, sounded just fine.

The editing of this digest is very good. I have never seen the full lenghth movie so I can say with all honesty that the digest has an understandable comprehensive story line that is enjoyable for those, like myself, who have not seen the movie.

The color in the digest is typical of a lot of the films coming from the German lab. There is a slight greenish tint. It is not at all distracting and all of the other colors do come out very well. The print quality is very sharp...Very Sharp.

I am very picky and reserve an A+ rating for those rare one in a thousand prints that look so perfect you think that you are watching a pristine 35mm print. That being said, I would give the print quality an A which is giving this film very high marks.

I am very statisfied with the purchase and recommend it highly.

The digest is well over 600' so would not fit on a 600' reel. It comes split on two 400' reels.

I will write a more detailed review in the near future that will appear in "The Reel Image"

--------------------
Guy Taylor

|  IP: Logged

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted March 01, 2013 09:55 AM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Guy, that's very encouraging. It really is quite something that this is well-edited to actually tell the story. I don't think that has been attempted since Derann's 1980s releases!

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Joe Balitzki
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 01, 2013 04:29 PM      Profile for Joe Balitzki   Email Joe Balitzki   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If the greenish tint is noticeable and it obviously is since you have never seen the full length feature, I would say its slightly distracting since you were able to notice it. I am guessing its because the acetate stock is slightly yellowish and the Lab has to compensate for it. A shame that its there but fortunately its slight. Are editing splices visible? Is the Paramount Logo there?

--------------------
Movie Lovers Do It in the Dark

Christian Bjorgen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 02, 2013 03:28 PM      Profile for Christian Bjorgen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great review, would love to see some screenshots [Smile]

--------------------
Well who’s on first? Yeah. Go ahead and tell me. Who. The guy on first. Who. The guy playin’ first base. Who. The guy on first. Who is on first! What are you askin’ me for? I’m askin’ you!

Zechariah Sporre
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 03, 2013 01:38 PM      Profile for Zechariah Sporre     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Glad to hear the good review. Looking forward to seeing it sometime. [Big Grin]

--------------------
There is a fine line between a hobby and a mental illness

Jordan J. Bolinger
Junior

- posted March 04, 2013 12:34 AM      Profile for Jordan J. Bolinger   Email Jordan J. Bolinger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How do you find stuff like this now? Who makes these digests?

--------------------
Jordan J. Bolinger

Gary Crawford
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 04, 2013 07:14 AM      Profile for Gary Crawford     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is Steve Osborne's release (The Reel Image). You need to subscribe to his magazine and film lists. He has many new releases. The Reel Image, 2520 Blackhawk Rd. Kettering, Ohio 45420. 937-296 9036.

As for me, I noticed no green tint. A really good job all around. I did not see the feature and for me there were a couple of things that were not explained clearly in the digest. Steve is also selling a small reel of the ending credit sequence and the preview of the AVENGERS ..which was attached to the original Capt.A. feature.

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 04, 2013 12:49 PM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would love to see some screen shots and how much is the small reel of the ending credit sequence and the preview of the AVENGERS ???

--------------------
" Faster then a speeding bullet, more powerful then a Locomotive "."Look up in the sky it's a bird it's a plane it's SUPERMAN"

Elyas Tesfaye
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 05, 2013 12:34 PM      Profile for Elyas Tesfaye     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Guy,
You're killing us here, could you please put up some sceen shots, good sir [Wink] ? Thanks again [Smile] !!!

Best,
ET

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 05, 2013 01:18 PM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here I will put up the poster  -

--------------------
" Faster then a speeding bullet, more powerful then a Locomotive "."Look up in the sky it's a bird it's a plane it's SUPERMAN"

Elyas Tesfaye
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 05, 2013 02:29 PM      Profile for Elyas Tesfaye     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thx, Laksmi [Smile] !!!

Bill Brandenstein
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 05, 2013 03:36 PM      Profile for Bill Brandenstein   Email Bill Brandenstein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Someone loan me a print and I'll put up good screenshots!!!
[Wink]

[ March 12, 2013, 01:13 AM: Message edited by: Bill Brandenstein ]

Brian Hendel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 07, 2013 08:45 PM      Profile for Brian Hendel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Still waiting for my print... and feeling a bit jealous mine isn't here yet! [Frown]

Elyas Tesfaye
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 11, 2013 12:51 PM      Profile for Elyas Tesfaye     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Bri,
Can ya please hook us up with some screen shots when ya get yours [Smile] ? Hope U get it soon n have yourself a great week [Big Grin] !!!

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted March 12, 2013 01:50 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
SCREENSHOTS, LADS!!!!!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Elyas Tesfaye
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 12, 2013 03:18 PM      Profile for Elyas Tesfaye     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Osi, tell em chaps that actually have a copy to throw a few (screen shots) our way, sheesh lol!!!

Gary Crawford
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 13, 2013 07:01 AM      Profile for Gary Crawford     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry....have a lousy camera that won't do anything with projected images. I'm bringing my print to Syracuse Cinefest this weekend and will happily screen some of it for anyone who wants to see it.

Elyas Tesfaye
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 13, 2013 09:08 AM      Profile for Elyas Tesfaye     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Me---> Jealous I can't make it there but fingers crossed that someone with an awesome camera will hopefully be there to snag a few of dem so sought after screen shots in all their glory [Smile] !!!

Brian Hendel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 14, 2013 08:21 PM      Profile for Brian Hendel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Steve Osborne left me a message that my print is on its way to me... so I'll report back after I screen it.

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted March 15, 2013 05:04 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Will be nice Brian to put puctures to all the words about this and see some images. But most of all we must thank Mr Osbourne for his great investment making this all happen.
What-a-guy!

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 21, 2013 01:28 AM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And I got my copy of the Super 8mm CAPTAIN AMERICA 2 X 600 color sound here are the screen shots film is much sharper it's FANTASTIC!!!! Here is a picture of the box I made for the film .  -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 - I will do more and sharper pictures in What Films did you show last night link.

[ March 22, 2013, 10:29 PM: Message edited by: Laksmi Breathwaite ]

--------------------

Larry Arpin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 21, 2013 01:55 AM      Profile for Larry Arpin   Author's Homepage   Email Larry Arpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looks fantastic! Can't wait to get my copy.

Douglas Meltzer

- posted March 21, 2013 08:24 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Laksmi,

Thanks for the screen shots!

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Joe Balitzki
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 21, 2013 12:32 PM      Profile for Joe Balitzki   Email Joe Balitzki   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Laksmi,

No Scope Lens for projection?
[Confused]

--------------------
Movie Lovers Do It in the Dark

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted March 21, 2013 01:07 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Totally awesome Laksmi! Many Thanks for the screenshots! I'll use my scope lense to look at em!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

All times are Central
This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC