8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Print Reviews   » Ice Age

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ice Age
Alan Rik
Film God

- posted April 01, 2013 04:35 AM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was lucky and a member here was selling this print. I remember seeing it at one time on DVD and so finding out it was available on Super 8 as a feature was a surprise.
The film is on 5 x 600ft reels 4:3 aspect ratio but bars on the top and bottom so that you get a simulated 1:85 picture. The sound is in Stereo.
The film is about a Mammoth, a sloth, and a Sabre Tooth Tiger who are trying to get a human baby back to its human tribe. Along the way there are dodo birds, Angry Rhinos, and a few backstabbing tigers.
First of all the content and story are great. It was much better to see this on the Super 8 screen than it was on my TV. The color is not super saturated but muted in a way. I have seen the trailer and so the colors look to be the same as the colors on the DVD. Happy to report the print is very sharp and even happier to report that the sound is very, very good! Nice, loud, crisp and the background music was perfectly smooth with no drop outs or anomalies.
So...anyone know who released this? The titles are in English. And if the sound was re-recorded the quality is first rate.

-

-

|  IP: Logged

Gary Crawford
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 01, 2013 11:59 AM      Profile for Gary Crawford     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's the print you bought from me, wasn't it? I ordered it brand new from Steve Osborne. I believe it was a German print, re-recorded by Lance in Los Angeles. I have also Gone Nutty, but am holding on to that one.

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted April 01, 2013 12:28 PM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes it was! But I didn't want to publicly out you in case you didn't want to be outed [Smile]
What a great story and really funny! I laughed out loud in a few scenes. It has taken me so long to watch it and I was going to move it on but I decided against it when I saw the whole thing. Great quality!

Christian Bjorgen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 02, 2013 04:52 PM      Profile for Christian Bjorgen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have this same print, a CHC release I believe, and I am very satisfied with it. I have re-recorded it to Norwegian mono sound.

--------------------
Well who’s on first? Yeah. Go ahead and tell me. Who. The guy on first. Who. The guy playin’ first base. Who. The guy on first. Who is on first! What are you askin’ me for? I’m askin’ you!

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC