8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Print Reviews   » Mission Galactica : The Cylon Attack (trailer)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Mission Galactica : The Cylon Attack (trailer)
Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted July 20, 2013 05:12 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is the first time that I have ever done a review for a trailer, but this one is special!

This is the german release trailer for “Mission Galactica : The Cylon Attack.

A Little history …

While the original “Battlestar Galactica” series only lasted one season (amazingly, when you consider how much it influenced things for the future), what most in the U.S. didn’t know, was that most of the two part Galactica episodes were being released overseas as feature films, among them, the two parter on the ice planet, (one of my favorites!), and this excellent feature film version, “Mission Galactica: The Cylon Attack”, which was actually made up of three episodes, “The Living Legend” and “Fire In Space” (fortunately not too much from that episode, the worst of that series, personal opinion)

What was nice about these features films was that Universal allowed for new special effects to be added to the already existing footage, (remember that the crew responsiblke for STARWARS special effects were responsible for “Galactica”, which is why much of it holds up well even today).

This trailer, a whopping Three and half minutes (closer to four!) is from the German release of this film, and this trailer is absolutely EXCELLENT!!!! It has just enough footage of the cast to put over a quick version of the story, but it is loaded full of footage of the speace battle stuff, (which we always loved) and the editing of this trailer is top notch.

The image quality is absolutely outstanding, truly pin sharp and much better than the original Universal 8 2X400ft digest of this film. Perfect color and very fine grain, on acetate stock but the yellow nature of the film stock does not detract from the color.

Please note that Steve Osbourne of “The Reel Image’ (USA company for those who don’t know) currently has a supply of this trailer in stock! However, though it is stereo striped, it is sold as a mute print.

However, try to do what I am going to do …

I wouldn’t be surprised if I would be able to find this trailer on you tube and then, record the audio from you tube and then record the trailer for yourself at home!

DON’T miss out on this trailer and, as always …

LONG LIVE SUPER 8!!!!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC