8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Print Reviews   » Empire Strikes Back Review Request (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Empire Strikes Back Review Request
David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 30, 2014 01:24 PM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have all three of the Star Wars, the original Derann release, The Empire Strikes Back and Return Of The Jedi. All were bought from Derann, with the later two with German credits. Both the sound and picture are fine.

Mention of Raiders of the Lost Ark my copy suffers from lots of wow and flutter, the same with Last Crusade the image is fine.

--------------------
I love the smell of film in the morning.

http://www.thereelimage.co.uk/

|  IP: Logged

Flavio Stabile
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 03, 2014 01:36 AM      Profile for Flavio Stabile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi David,

perhaps the wow and flutter on INDY films is the result of bad re-recordings done with a not working well projector.

You could try to re-record them, even if the masters of the two film are full of splits/missing frames, indeed...

Flavio

Gary Crawford
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 03, 2014 08:15 AM      Profile for Gary Crawford     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I bought my Last Crusade from Steve Osborne(Reel Image) and had the stereo sound recorded by someone in L.A. AND a top notch job on the sound. no flutter..no wow....just WOW!!

David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 03, 2014 12:59 PM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Your right they are the only 2 films that suffer. It seems as if when getting out of sync the projector was speed up or down. The picture is really great on both.

--------------------
I love the smell of film in the morning.

http://www.thereelimage.co.uk/

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted December 03, 2014 01:19 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The only slight complaint with Empire is that it seems like there's almost a slight "wipe" (that's the only way I can describe it) to the image. You can see it in some of the screenshots, mostly the scenes on Hoth. Beyond that, top notch sharpness. Though I have a very good Empire part 1 digest now, (German version), there is nothing like seeing that chase through the asteroids in scope!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Daniel Tollick
Film Handler

- posted April 27, 2015 08:07 AM      Profile for Daniel Tollick   Email Daniel Tollick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How can you get this? Sorry I am new are they still printing them?

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted April 27, 2015 01:47 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Steve Osborne of Reel Image or Classic Home Cinema at www.bfcc.biz

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted April 27, 2015 01:48 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Steve Osborne of Reel Image or Classic Home Cinema at www.bfcc.biz

Joel Whybrow
Expert Film Handler

- posted June 11, 2015 01:00 AM      Profile for Joel Whybrow   Email Joel Whybrow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is there a trick to this? I can't get either to respond to emails regarding sales after several attempts.

Gary Crawford
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 11, 2015 06:23 AM      Profile for Gary Crawford     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Steve Osborne of Reel Image told me the other day that he was going on vacation.

Joel Whybrow
Expert Film Handler

- posted June 11, 2015 08:26 AM      Profile for Joel Whybrow   Email Joel Whybrow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I mean over a couple of years [Confused]

I will persist I guess, I will leave it a week or two before I pester Steve again though.

Steven J Kirk
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 13, 2015 08:26 AM      Profile for Steven J Kirk   Email Steven J Kirk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does this German print have main and balance stripes?

--------------------
VistaVision
Motion Picture High-Fidelity

Adam Deierling
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 13, 2015 08:58 AM      Profile for Adam Deierling   Email Adam Deierling   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, mine does. However you can order it anyway you like it. For example if you wanted it a bit cheaper and know how to sync to a dvd source for audio, then you can get away with not having any soundtrack put on. I have considered doing this with future film purchases.

Alan Gouger
Master Film Handler

- posted December 28, 2016 10:50 PM      Profile for Alan Gouger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Resurrecting an old thread, Empire is still available I just ordered it from Steve. After reading all the positive comments and viewing Adams pictures I cant wait to screen this one. Thanks guys!!

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted December 29, 2016 11:51 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You're in for a treat Alan! The color's are gorgeously saturated, it looks GREAT on the big screen. One of those prints that makes me glad that I collect super 8 over other guages! That kind of quality in a super 8 scope frame!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC