8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Print Reviews   » Cinema Special New release

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cinema Special New release
Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted April 07, 2014 10:56 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
CINEMA SPECIAL
Around 230ft Super 8 sound
CLASSIC HOME CINEMA

Well it’s true to say you read this here first on the 8mm forum!

I have so been awaiting this latest super 8 release by the UK legend that is Classic Home Cinema. For some time Phil has been bringing us some really nice material on 8mm for home showman or showgirl for that matter and this is a REEL gem of a release here in the UK!

Take yourself back to the 60’s at your local ABC Cinema chain and here we have a film which opens with a superb and I should imagine very rare sequence where a well known star introduces forthcoming episodes of ABC Tv Weekend followed by a great 1962 Pathe News including the Festival of London, the ‘Music man’ gala premier and inside the Sheffield ABC Cinema ta boot. It’s been a long time coming but here is a fab reel which will bolster you 60’s shows no end and full of that ABC cinema style show that we used to love so much.

Classic have done a superb job with the print quality of this sharp movie and we just love watching it for ultimate BRITISH nostalgia. More new releases I understand are now underway and due at any moment so keep an eye out for the next batch.

It's in limted numbers I hear so be sharp if you want a copy..

It will see a premiere at the forthcoming
EAST LANCASHIRE FILM FAIR April 19th 2014

|  IP: Logged

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted April 08, 2014 06:48 AM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for this news, Lee - it's great that this forum seems to lead the way in terms of drawing attention to new releases. It's good to see an appealing new short that isn't a trailer or animation. In view of the reports that the lab are now only using polyester, I wondered if that applies to your print?

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 09, 2014 03:49 AM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
is this film available on the professional gauge 16mm

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted April 09, 2014 04:37 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It’s on Acetate super 8mm pure black and white stock, sharp and very repeatable. The opening ABC TV Weekend sequence will take us all back a bit when TV Times were on strike and they advertised programming alternatively. There is also some really nice shots of a handsome (so my wife says) projectionist operating the wonderful projectors at Sheffield ABC Cinema. [Cool]

CHC are awaiting the next delivery and breaking news is amongst the films will be the new Bond sequence which I for one will be looking forward to viewing.

David it would be worth calling Phil to ask that one as I have no idea my friend.

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted April 09, 2014 07:25 AM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Phil teds to say that his releases can be made available on 16mm but there often isn't the demand, so expressing a wish to buy one on 16mm might increase the chances.

Regarding it being acetate, whilst few will miss the end of the colour stock with the yellowish tint, it's good to hear that genuine b/w stock is still being used.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC