8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Print Reviews   » You're Telling Me - W.C. Fields

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: You're Telling Me - W.C. Fields
Joseph Randall
Master Film Handler

- posted October 17, 2015 06:09 PM      Profile for Joseph Randall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Super 8 400 foot edition
magnetic sound
Universal 8

A cut-down of the feature of the same name, this was edited to resemble an actual 2 reel short subject. It focuses on 2 main scenes -- the puncture proof tire invention, and the golf game. The scenes are pretty much taken intact -- having seen the full-length feature recently, I didn't notice any in-scene cuts.

It can almost be mistaken for a short subject, other than that it is never explained why Fields is on a golf course, or why a Princess is there watching him. The digest does, however, present a self contained story with sufficient resolution regarding Fields' invention.

To make the digest make complete sense, the editors would have had to been more aggressive in editing at the expense of letting the comedy scenes play out. I think they made the right choice.

Highly recommended to Fields' fans.

P.S.
So what does MUCH ADO ABOUT GOLF have that this does not? The whole golf scene seems to be intact.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC