8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Print Reviews   » WW2 GI Diary. 400ft series colour sound

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: WW2 GI Diary. 400ft series colour sound
Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted March 21, 2016 07:53 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here is a series of Super 8 films from Techno films.
We currently own 5 of these excellent 400 footers,each one comes in a tidy well illustrated plastic case.
Our latest addition came up on ebay at 4.99 start price, i popped in my bid and i was the only one. A bargain. Like many techno films there is some fade, however, there is also plenty of colour left but i would suggest that i think the sourced material was probably never that good. The series is narrated by brilliant Lloyd Bridges, the episode we viewed tonight was Kamikaze Flower of Death. a full 400 foot with all the titles in place, the quality is excellent ,(although these images here are not that well focused, the screen is full of non stop action so its awkward to get anything too clear). The Sound is top notch. There is very little about this 1978 TV series anywhere on the internet and i cant remember seeing this on TV. The content is 100% real footage from WW2 and it is all in colour.
We also have The desert war, Iwo Jima,Saipan and Target Tokyo, all of them have a little fade but it is only really prominent during the titles, once the real footage is up and running some it has really excellent colour whilst others have a lower range but generally for the age and the sourced material i would say they are all in very good shape, and each one is in there original boxes.
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

Each reel has Lloyd Bridges quoting real time incidents and events through the diaries of GI soldiers who were there. Some of the content is also quite grizzly in places but always very captivating. The colour really brings to life what people went through, (and still do today).

[ March 21, 2016, 04:21 PM: Message edited by: Tom Photiou ]

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC