8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Print Reviews   » Geri's Game (Pixar Short)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Geri's Game (Pixar Short)
Zechariah Sporre
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 19, 2016 12:11 AM      Profile for Zechariah Sporre     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Geri's Game: 4 minute Pixar short from 1997. This short was Pixar's first short since Knick Knack in 1989. This short won an academy award.
This seems to be a somewhat rare super 8 print. I believe this is a Derann film but I am not certain. My print has great color and a sharp image. However, there is a lot of negative dust throughout the film. I heard one other collector mention this flaw as well. I would be curious to hear from more of you to see if this is how most or all of the prints are?
This is a humorous short of an elderly man who is playing a competitive chess game against himself. He has a nice personality playing one side and snarky opponent on the other. The stakes are high since the winner gets the dentures. Pixar has made quite a few shorts that I enjoy. However, I would probably rate this one in the top 3.
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

--------------------
There is a fine line between a hobby and a mental illness

|  IP: Logged

Mark Mander
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 19, 2016 02:13 AM      Profile for Mark Mander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My print is the same Zach full of negative marks, I think most were, Mark

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 1.0 lens
Elmo ST1200HD 1.1 lens
Sankyo 800 1.0 lens
Elmo 16CL
Elf NT1

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted November 19, 2016 10:50 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Zech,

I'm guessing this is the one that was in the Reel Image listing a few weeks ago.

I'm glad if I missed out on it, you got it!

At least I know it exists at all. From what I've heard this is a rare one.

-great cartoon!

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Zechariah Sporre
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 20, 2016 09:25 AM      Profile for Zechariah Sporre     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mark, that is interesting to hear that yours is the same. It doesn't bother me much. However, it was surprising. All my other Pixar shorts are almost perfect.
Thanks Steve, it is the one from Reel Image. Yes, it seems rare. I have only seen it for sale one other time. It was for sale in the UK and as I recall it was well over $100. At the time it seemed like a lot to spend for a Pixar short but I had since somewhat regretted that I hadn't gotten it. So as you can imagine I was thrilled when I got this film.

--------------------
There is a fine line between a hobby and a mental illness

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC