8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Print Reviews   » THE FIXER UPPERS with Laurel and Hardy

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: THE FIXER UPPERS with Laurel and Hardy
Joseph Randall
Master Film Handler

- posted December 27, 2016 08:24 PM      Profile for Joseph Randall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
THE FIXER UPPERS with Laurel and Hardy
Super 8 B&W Magnetic Sound
Blackhawk

This is the one where the boys try to make Mae Busch's husband jealous. Very funny, but only average by Laurel and Hardy standards. Now onto the print.

The print is definitely not from Blackhawk's finest hour. It is very dupey looking -- not sharp enough and the faces are a bit washed out. Sound is great, though. Judging from the box -- pink Lee Enterprises -- this print is from the mid-'70s.

Anyone else have a Blackhawk copy of this? I once had a Derann, but the Blackhawk is actually better.

|  IP: Logged

David Hardy
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 05, 2017 12:20 PM      Profile for David Hardy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My print on Super 8mm sound has a sepia colour tone.

I think I bought it from Perry's Movies here in the UK but
I am not sure of its source.

--------------------
" My equipment's more important than your rats. "

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted January 05, 2017 02:50 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is not one of my favorites, the pink edition boxes start with a 1974 release, while olive green and silver came along about 6 years later - Shorty

Mike Newell
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 05, 2017 03:06 PM      Profile for Mike Newell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
David sepia prints originate from Perrys themselves Their First Mistake andAny Old Port being two other examples. Derann's print of Fixer Uppers is stunning one of their best and was done on black and white stock before they had to use colour stock. Their print came from B B C so it want surprising it was better than Walton and Blackhawk.

David Hardy
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 08, 2017 03:01 PM      Profile for David Hardy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mike thanks for that information.

It seems I also have the other Perry's sepia titles too.

--------------------
" My equipment's more important than your rats. "

Joseph Randall
Master Film Handler

- posted January 09, 2017 07:46 PM      Profile for Joseph Randall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mike,

My Derann print was less than satisfactory, so I sold it a long time ago.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC