8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Print Reviews   » Blind Danger,(The day of the Triffids) 400ft Flat Colour sound (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Blind Danger,(The day of the Triffids) 400ft Flat Colour sound
Gary Crawford
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 07, 2017 07:30 AM      Profile for Gary Crawford     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, Jason is right. The chapter in the book about the ongoing and tedious restoration efforts of Hyatt is fascinating. He's obsessed with getting the film restored....frame by agonizing frame, as is described in the book. What he needs...and I'm surprised he hasn't succeeded in this, is a benefactor to foot the bill to have it done right. At the pace he describes, by the time he gets to the final footage of restoration, the stuff he did at the beginning could need restoring again. I joke about that, but you should read the book and you'll see what I mean.

|  IP: Logged

Rob Young.
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 07, 2017 11:04 AM      Profile for Rob Young.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How much does he need?? Where's my credit card... [Smile]

Seriously though, what about some kind of crowdfunding?

It'd be in!

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted February 18, 2017 09:49 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Managed to find the other 400ft colour extracts, The day of the triffids, paid rather more than i normally would but, hopefully, (it states the colour is still good and the sound excellent), it will make my 400ft Blind danger a very good 600-700 ft extract from this classic movie. Will report back. [Wink]

David Roberts
Master Film Handler

- posted April 22, 2017 03:09 PM      Profile for David Roberts     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
following on from these posts,i have just obtained "blind danger" from Nigel on e bay,and the colour is very good.
So now I have also obtained the original 400 footer,described as having very good colour,from super 8 warehouse. I have no doubt this will be as described,so I too will have a great 800 footer from Day of the Trffids,with good colour.
Years ago I had the 4x400 version but the colour was very poor.

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted April 23, 2017 03:48 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's good David. Hopefully like mine the focus and framelines will be the same. I have an idea that these two extracts may have come from the same sourced material. It's a shame that the feature didn't. [Wink]

David Roberts
Master Film Handler

- posted April 23, 2017 11:41 AM      Profile for David Roberts     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tom,
ive always liked this film,even though its a bit silly with its naf special effects etc(like the scene when the train crashes,and everyone flaps their arm around as they fall out,having survived 60 mph to zero in a second!)
I hope my prints will match like yours do.

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted April 23, 2017 12:56 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin] [Big Grin] yep your right on all of that. I'm sure yours will be every bit as good. I did pay more than i normally would for a couple of extracts,especially the actual Day of the triffids title cut down, but it is a classic, Enjoy. [Wink]

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC