8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Print Reviews   » The Alley Cat

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Alley Cat
Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 08, 2018 01:58 PM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -
I don't know anything about this company (Mahier) from Spain,except that they have released a number of old MGM Harman-Ising cartoons from their later period,late thirties-early forties,that nobody else did.Heritage/Mountain in England concentrated on the early ones from 1934 on,with their b&w complete,or,color shortened editions.Mahier's editions are complete,from MGM lion to the end title and in english. This one,is the most Tom and Jerryish cartoon before Tom and Jerry.The characters,the gags and the whole atmosphere are pure T&J (but without J!) The title character looking like Tom's black alley friend,courts the sexy white kitty and has to avoid the fierce bulldog who is like Spike but small in size. In fact this one was released before the second Tom and Jerry,THE NIGHT BEFORE CHRISTMAS,(before the cat and mouse were given a name).Did Mahier release only those seven titles mentioned in the box or there are others also? What else did they release? For the record the titles are:
EL OSO QUE NO PODIA DORMIR....THE BEAR THAT WOULDN'T SLEEP
(The first Barney Bear)
BOSQUE DE VIENA ........... ..TALES FROM THE VIENNA WOODS
EL GATO VAGABUNTO ........... THE ALLEY CAT
ABDUL,EL CALIFA DE BAGDAD.....ABDUL,THE BULBUL AMIR
EL DANUBIO AZUL.............. BLUE DANUBE
ROMEO EL INTREPIDO............ROMEO IN RHYTHM
EL PAJARO Y SUS AMIGOS is the one I still lack. Any more information would be appreciated.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC