8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Print Reviews   » The Good The Bad & the Ugly Trailer

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Good The Bad & the Ugly Trailer
Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted August 07, 2018 02:56 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This trailer is crammed with action and some classic Morriconnie scoring with a generous section of the Ecstasy of Gold track.
This was originally on a thunderbird western trailer reel it was part of a threesome, namely, Shane,(taken from such awful master that i ended up cutting it off and selling it on, it was terrible and red from the start and from new), also one eyed jacks, again a long but awful trailer, all red. Now this one, although it has faded doesn't look much different to when it was new, it is almost a cut down of the film and with some great action sequences here shown. I have only seen this one a couple of times on lists over the last 40 years, i think i have worn this one out, it's had literally hundreds of viewing, (as you can see). Good sound, great content and a good look to it still after all these years.
I have been surprised that none of the three big Eastwood films have made it onto 8mm as main releases. I know reading on here in another thread that Eastwood was so annoyed at what Castle films did to his High Plains Drifter on the 200ft version he vowed not to allow any more to be released on this gauge. Had the U8 2 x 400 version been out first then things may have been different.
As it stands, this is a great trailer and is joined at the start of my Eastwood in Action, behind the scenes of the outlaw Josey Wales.
 -  -
 -  -
 -  -

|  IP: Logged

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted August 08, 2018 10:59 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's a neat trailer to have! What is the running time of the trailer? Some of those trailers could run upwards of three or so minutes.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted August 08, 2018 11:45 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Osi, Yes this one is 3 minutes and 30 seconds. [Wink]

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC