8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Print Reviews   » Pink Valiant

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pink Valiant
Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted December 11, 2018 05:48 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pink Valiant - 1968 - Walton - 200ft - B.582 - Colour

The Pink Panther is a knight in ancient times. The King's daughter is kidnapped by the Black Knight. Pink tries to set out to rescue her, but his horse has other ideas.

My print is on Fuji stock and the colour has held up well. This is an enjoyable romp stuffed full of one-liner gags. I'm still laughing as I type this. Pink eventually gets so fed up with his horse that he trades it in for the latest model, a fire-eating dragon.

--------------------
Maurice

|  IP: Logged

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted December 11, 2018 12:03 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It was one of the earlier Pink Panther cartoons, (and the earlier they were, the better). I would put this one up with the very first, as well as the one in which the Pink Panther is attempting to ride a horse that stubbornly doesn't want to be ridden (I can't remember what the title was on that one!)

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted December 11, 2018 02:45 PM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Osi
Yes.
This is the one where the Pink Panther constantly attempts to get on his horse, but each is thwarted by the horse which has no wish to be ridden.
Some splendid sight gags, with Pink often flattened or dumped in the castle's moat.

--------------------
Maurice

Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 12, 2018 03:03 AM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Indeed the earlier episodes are the best.I believe this is a series that has outrun its value with too many episodes,sequels,tv series,sons,a talking Panther etc etc. I do have the very first PINK PHINK in which the concept was fresh and (although this is not the right term) original.I also have the very very first PP appearance,in the trailer of the original feature featuring original animation of Pinky drooling over scenes of Claudia Cardinale and Capucine.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC