8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Print Reviews   » From Russia With Love : The Reel Image Print (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: From Russia With Love : The Reel Image Print
David Hardy
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 13, 2019 03:00 PM      Profile for David Hardy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for letting me know about the MONO sound mix Burton. I am a big fan of original mono soundtracks and like to hear the film in same the way in which i first saw the movie on it's original cinema release. I have never been a big fan of Stereo sound .

[Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

--------------------
" My equipment's more important than your rats. "

|  IP: Logged

Paul Browning
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 14, 2019 09:12 AM      Profile for Paul Browning   Email Paul Browning   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The last time I enquired about this print from Steve at reel image in 2017 the price was $1100 with a $300 deposit for this beautiful print. It may be a different price now, but judging by the comments here of how good it is, I doubt whether it will effect the sale much, certainly one of the best prints I have seen, give the age of the film and masters used, a really excellent advert for all concerned.

Terry Sills
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 15, 2019 01:57 AM      Profile for Terry Sills     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well done Paul for 'putting your head above the parapet '. I don't understand why others were so coy about revealing the general estimate of price. Actually I think that the price is not overly expensive for such a beautiful print of a very desirable feature. Probably a good investment. I do wonder however, what postage and customs/import duties would add to that price.

Paul Browning
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 15, 2019 06:58 AM      Profile for Paul Browning   Email Paul Browning   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I asked the very same question Terry to Steve, and lets put it this way, he sprinkled some special dust on the "value ", so at the time I was to purchase a copy, just the postage to find, and I believe he does this at cost. He's one of the good guys for sure, very good service from him . I don't understand the coy ness either Terry, you were not asking for his credit card pin number, just a price......

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted April 15, 2019 11:22 AM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Regarding the cost of high price items, I can understand a reluctance to refer to this, because it has occasionally been known in the past on internet forums for there to be extremely harsh comment regarding the cost of collecting Super 8 features, and thus the judgement of those who buy them when they are brand new.

I'm NOT referring to this forum and I'm sure such attacks wouldn't be tolerated here. And it's hopefully better appreciated now that quality prints produced in low numbers will hold much if not all of their value.

And although it's of course fair enough to only buy used films at relatively modest prices, I'd say the hobby owes some debt to collectors who do buy new releases, because without them, there would never be any used prints on the market!

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Terry Sills
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 16, 2019 08:10 AM      Profile for Terry Sills     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well I guess there will always be small minded people with a jealous inclination, but thankfully we don't see much of it on here and as you say Adrian, it would not be tolerated, thanks to our moderators.

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted April 16, 2019 05:12 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone paying this amount for a feature print should expect to be thrilled with the quality as soon as they start screening it. By all accounts Burton is elated with all aspects of his print and is thus very happy with this purchase. [Smile]

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Michael De Angelis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 16, 2019 09:59 PM      Profile for Michael De Angelis   Email Michael De Angelis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Burton,

Your print is golden. Have fun.

--------------------
Isn't it great that we can all communicate about this great
hobby that we love!

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC