8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » Bauer P8

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bauer P8
Tony Milman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 23, 2004 03:55 PM      Profile for Tony Milman   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Milman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here I go again.....just wondered if anyone has any experience of these machines and therefore what they think are the good and bad points of them. I see a lot on the German ebay site for sale

--------------------
Tony

|  IP: Logged

David Park
Master Film Handler

- posted November 23, 2004 04:49 PM      Profile for David Park   Email David Park   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I read somewhere they are good with damaged sprocket hole film due to thier 4 claws.

--------------------
Regards,
David

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted November 30, 2004 04:02 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes the 4 claw shutter gives an incredibly steady pic especially with damaged sprocket holes but Tony, the CL is still the quietest.

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Alejandro Lopez
Junior

- posted December 01, 2004 09:43 AM      Profile for Alejandro Lopez   Email Alejandro Lopez   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi: I´ve got to Bauer P8 projectors, some model but with some differences between them. One is almost top of the line. Top of the line is the P8 T400 with an HTI 400W/24 or 403W/24 metal hallogen arc lamp that gives an incredible light output with day light colour temperature as xenon. Due to its sophisticated compact dichroic mirror with three diferent curvatures! to give perfect white light at the aperture, with only 400 watts surpasses xenon lamps with more wattage.
You can project very deteriorated films on Bauer machines, even some frames with no perforation! without loosing loops and with no damage to the film. I have Philips (with Groove Disc intermitent type) and Hortson (with Geneva Movement) and Bauer´s are the steadiest.
The only thing I dislike of them is that their electronic controlled DC brush motors produce an unpleasant, at least for me, background noise, but with the motors used on P6 and P7 models they would be the quietest projectors.
A great thing is that there´s a lot of them in mint condition, sometimes unused, on Ebay Germany and on www.wittner-kinotechnik.de and you can get spares canibalizing one or two units but the true is that if you care them there´s no generally need for spares. They are suitable for 110/230 volts and 50/60 Hz, so you can use them everywhere around the world.
And if you dislike that background motor noise you can choose a P6 or P7 model. P7´s are very similar to P8´s with the same amplifier and interchangeable mechanical pieces except that they have an AC induction motor instead of the electronic one. And on Ebay Germany there´s allways a lot of P6, P7 and P8 projectors in really mint condition, mechanical and cosmetical.
To finish they are bright, have very good sound and very, very small, like Super 8 projectors. Fine machines, good choose.

Alejandro.

--------------------
Alejandro

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC