8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » Eiki belt query

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Eiki belt query
Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted November 30, 2004 05:26 AM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a complete set of 5 spare belts for an Eiki NT, i.e. the two arm belts, the reverse belt, the main drive belt and the motor belt. The motor belt is the amber 'tractor' type used on later projectors, not the round type. Having just obtained an Eiki/B&H 3592, I wondered if I should hang on to some of these. I know the 3592 has completely diferent arm belts, but I'd be grateful if John or someone that knows could tell me if the other 3 NT belts are exactly the same as the ones used in the 3592. They certain look right, but I'd rather not unscrew parts of the 3592 solely in order to try the main drive belt on it!
Adrian

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

|  IP: Logged

John Whittle
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 30, 2004 03:20 PM      Profile for John Whittle   Email John Whittle       Edit/Delete Post 
I think your flat "3V" motor belt will work with your 3592 B&H/Eiki, the arm belts won't (belts from the SL are the same as the SSL/SNT/3592/3585 machines). As for the main drive belt (if you ever need one) might be the same, but all you have to do is count the number of teeth (actually it's printed on the back of the belt so you can easily check that).

So it looks like one (the motor belt) might be worth keeping for the new machine. I'd have to check out the part numbers to be sure. The first three digits of the eiki parts refer to the machine that first used the part (letter in the case of the ST) such as 312 is the RT machine, etc.

John

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted December 01, 2004 01:15 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John,
Thanks for the information. I checked the back of my spare main drive belt and the only number, apart from '9m/m' was '320 XL', which is far higher than the number of teeth, so I think I may have to count them. Any thoughts on whether the reverse belt is likely to work on both projectors?
I must say that in about 20 years of using Eikis, I've only ever had ONE belt break, which was a round motor belt on a SL-1, so unless you're frequently using a projector, I suppose it's dubious whether it's essential to keep spares of all the belts, particularly if you have a back-up machine.
Adrian

[ December 02, 2004, 05:27 AM: Message edited by: Adrian Winchester ]

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Bruce McGee
Junior

- posted December 01, 2004 07:31 PM      Profile for Bruce McGee   Email Bruce McGee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a 3592AX. A sweet electronic set-up.

I've got several Eiki's with bad polyurethane belts. Love to get them going again.

--------------------
My whole body's a weapon!

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted December 02, 2004 05:32 AM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bruce,
Good to hear that you like the 3592AX - I've just received one from the USA! I think all the belts you need are still available. In case you need a source in the USA, you could try Jim Smith (cinemaflick@hotmail.com). I have not bought anything from him but I know that he has all the ones for the 3592 and SSLs.
Adrian

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

John Whittle
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 03, 2004 04:15 PM      Profile for John Whittle   Email John Whittle       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, there's no reverse belt in the SSL. The NT belt looks like it will fit and SNT but the SSL has a different part number (and a different path in the machine and most likely a different length. Your NT reverse belt will also fir the SNT. So if you later get the self thread slim line (SNT/ENT) you cause use those belts.

John

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC