8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » Eiki RT-O Reel Arm Locks

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Eiki RT-O Reel Arm Locks
Bob Pucci
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 11, 2004 11:02 AM      Profile for Bob Pucci     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a problem with the reel arm locks.They will not pop out when you extend the arms.I tried using oil but no luck.Any suggestions.Thanks

|  IP: Logged

John Whittle
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 15, 2004 10:16 PM      Profile for John Whittle   Email John Whittle       Edit/Delete Post 
Probably gummed up. Rather simple mechanism. You can remove it by taking out the screw inside the machine that is on the back of the button you depress. There is a spring under that button and it attaches to an arm that has a pin in it that goes into the arm to lock it in position. If you have dirt or excess lubrication in any of the sliding parts, then you'll get the stickiness you describe. Clean it all up, light (one drop) silicone oil on the moving shafts and replace. Doubt if any parts need replacing, the only thing might be the return spring, but you can find something from local hardware that will do that job--again nothing critical.

John

Bob Pucci
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 16, 2004 03:41 AM      Profile for Bob Pucci     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks John I will try it.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC