8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » Information needed regarding the Eiki 'B&H' projectors

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Information needed regarding the Eiki 'B&H' projectors
Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted February 09, 2005 07:37 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I’m writing an article for a UK film-collecting publication, about the later Eiki projectors. As this will also include some information on the B&H versions of these, I’d be grateful if John or anyone can answer any of the following questions:

a) I think the first Eiki/B&H projectors appeared in 1986. When were the last manufactured?
b) Were the B&H versions sold outside the USA?
c) I believe there were B&H versions of the Eiki SNT, ENT, SSL, ESL and SL projectors. Did this also apply to the NT?
d) I know what the B&H versions of the SNT and ENT were called, but I’d welcome confirmation of the names of any of the other B&H versions.
e) Can anyone confirm what is the difference between the B&H 3592 and the 3592/AX?
f) Is there a Eiki ENT with the specific extra attributes of the 3592/AX?

Thanks again for any help given. John: your previous answers will be very useful, are you happy to be credited as a source of information?

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

|  IP: Logged

John Whittle
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 11, 2005 02:52 PM      Profile for John Whittle   Email John Whittle       Edit/Delete Post 
Can't answer all your questions, but:

The 3592AX is the same as a 3592 with the addition of 120/240v 50hz/60hz selector switch.

The Eiki models with this feature are the SSL-12S and SNT-12S.

This information is from a July 1 1989 price sheet (so they were still being sold then and it's marked Eiki Bell&Howell Audio Visual/Video Products

I have no information about where these products were sold, but multi-voltage would have no market in the US or Canada so perhaps it was a wider sales region.

The NT was long out of production as was the original SL series so there were no Bell & Howell models of those machines.

If I come across anything else, I'll post it.

John

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC