8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » Eiki/B&H 3580..recommended?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Eiki/B&H 3580..recommended?
Michael De Angelis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 07, 2005 09:52 PM      Profile for Michael De Angelis   Email Michael De Angelis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have several 1574 manual thread B&H models along with one 1545 that has been converted with a 2 bladed shutter.

I find that these units tend to be a little noisy, and have been considering the recommendation of a dealer regarding the B&H 3580 series projector.

Are they quiet running and easy on handling film?
I currently, showcase my films by pulling them out and setting up the projector. Without a booth, the machines tend to rattle and disturb the audience during a show. My wife complains when I run the films, I guess this is more disturbing than vacuuming the carpets, or crashing the pot and pans.
Bless her heart.

Anyway, I recall on previous threads on another forum, that a specific serial number on these models are preferred due to improved parts and that that the upper mechanism may need replacement? It has something to do with the film guide.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Michael

--------------------
Isn't it great that we can all communicate about this great
hobby that we love!

|  IP: Logged

Bob Pucci
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 08, 2005 07:17 AM      Profile for Bob Pucci     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Michael

I have a B&H 3580 and I highly recommend it.It's quiet and easy on film.I haven't had any problems as yet.

Bob

Michael De Angelis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 08, 2005 01:46 PM      Profile for Michael De Angelis   Email Michael De Angelis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Bob, it's good to know.

I had heard from one friend that somtimes his projector would automatically shut off during projection. Something with a safety switch in the mechanism?

Michael

--------------------
hobby that we love!

Bob Pucci
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 08, 2005 02:15 PM      Profile for Bob Pucci     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you have to many bad spocket holes,sometimes it will shut-off to protect your film.

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted July 11, 2005 07:58 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
The Elmo 16CL/AL are probably the quietest and most reliable machines built. Why not take a look at one of those?

Kev [Smile]

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Michael De Angelis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 11, 2005 11:03 PM      Profile for Michael De Angelis   Email Michael De Angelis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Kev,

Although that I am not familiar with the Elmo AL, is it similar to the 16 CL?
I was for a time considering the Elmo 16 CL and Kodak CT1000, now you have me thinking about those models again. I was leaning more towards the Kodak because I had heard that Kodak updated the Elmo design with an improved take up gear.

My recent reluctance regarding the 'Elmo' design was from a dealer told me that the rubber rollers get hot due to friction and they can wear out.
I do not know to what extent it would take for the rollers to heat up,
and I had some fear if the rollers could possibly scratch the film. Thus, I am very uncertain about making a decision.

Did Elmo share a design with Eiki models? They do look similar?

Best,
Michael

--------------------
hobby that we love!

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC