8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » TV Projector with 6000 Reel !!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: TV Projector with 6000 Reel !!
Dan Lail
Film God

- posted July 10, 2005 11:29 PM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I found this ad on eBay for a 16mm Projector that was used in a TV studio. It looks clean. If you're in Illinois you could pick it up. You'd never have to change reels with a 6000' capacity. [Cool]

web page

|  IP: Logged

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted July 10, 2005 11:39 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
WHOAH...

--------------------
Call me Phoenix. *dusts off the ashes*

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted July 11, 2005 07:52 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Jan, Not even trying......would like to see you when you are trying [Big Grin]

Back to the topic....I have to say that the guide round that top sprocket looks a bit strange like it's probably been bent?

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted July 11, 2005 12:24 PM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kev, I think because it's a manual load, the guide tilts down to allow the film to be loaded, then snaps back up. If not, it sure is bent:-) I hope someone gives it a good home.

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted July 11, 2005 04:20 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
BTW What make is it? Did Kodak really make them...I suspect not. Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted July 11, 2005 05:19 PM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This guy says it's a modified Kodak Pageant with a hefty audio system and a 1000 watt bulb capacity;

web page [Smile]

John Whittle
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 12, 2005 12:22 AM      Profile for John Whittle   Email John Whittle       Edit/Delete Post 
These were made by Kodak and are excellent machines with a true intermittent movement and 3-2 telecine exposure. It is the update of the legendary Eastman 25. The variation is there is not special intermittent motor like the 25 (which has a special synch 1440 motor for the film advance to isolated it from the sound system) but is belt driven. It has no relation to the Kodak Pagent whatsoever. If there is any relationship to earlier machines it's the first Kodak Sound Projector made in 1937 (between 350 and 700 were built) and the Model 25.

I didn't notice anything "bent" but didnt' take a real close look. The sound drum has a magnet which provides dampaning on start up. These were in most US television stations back in the days of film. The other projector was the RCA TP-6, and TP-66.

An excellent machine for telecine, but it would require some modification for screen projection.

BTW, Kodak refused to sell the intermittent assembly as a part, you got a loaner and returned your unit to Kodak for repair so that other makers couldn't use the Kodak part as the basis of there projector.

John

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted July 13, 2005 01:33 AM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John, it sounds like a sophisticated machine for 16mm. Pretty clever the way they kept other companies from stealing ideas. Look closer and you can see the gate for the first sprocket is tilted down.

As always your info is very enlightening and interesting!
Thanks. [Smile]

John Whittle
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 13, 2005 11:22 PM      Profile for John Whittle   Email John Whittle       Edit/Delete Post 
Dan

The sprocket looks OK, the part that tilts down is the keeper that opens that way for threading and then closes back up. The other three work the same way. The loop between the 2nd and 3rd sprockets is just to issolate the take up from the sound head.

I noticed that someone is trying to sell the RCA TP-66 on ebay now. Another telecine projector that does 3-2 pull down but RCA used a regular claw advance rather than the maltese cross on the Eastman machine.
John

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted July 14, 2005 12:02 AM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here's a link to the TP-66 John is talking about. These look like very complex machines. Couldn't imagine getting it repaired if something malfunctioned. 500 pounds? Wow!! [Eek!] web page

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC