8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » Gerald Price/Intercontinental Films

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Gerald Price/Intercontinental Films
Rob Koeling
Master Film Handler

- posted October 20, 2005 09:04 AM      Profile for Rob Koeling     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Has anyone been in touch with Gerald Price from Intercontinental Films recently? I sent him a few emails to inquire about a couple of prints, but they were first left unanswered and now they bounce (mailbox is full). The telephone number doesn't seem to work anymore either.

Anyone?

- Rob

|  IP: Logged

Simon McConway
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 20, 2005 01:32 PM      Profile for Simon McConway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sad news; Gerald Price died in June. I found this out at Big Screen Time, Tadley. In fact, to quote directly from the program they gave out on the day "We were saddened to hear the news that Gerald Price had passed away in June. He was a staunch supporter of our event over the years and will be sorely missed."

Rob Koeling
Master Film Handler

- posted October 21, 2005 08:16 AM      Profile for Rob Koeling     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Simon,

That is sad news indeed. I never met the man personally, but dealt with him over the phone and email a number of times. Actually, the last film deal I had with him was in June. He certainly didn't seem to be ill when I talked to him over the phone. Very sad indeed.

I hope someone will take over his film business, but it seemed to be very much a labour of love and not so much a money spinner.

- Rob

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted October 21, 2005 09:17 AM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm afraid I've heard that someone's bought the collection, although I don't have confirmation of this.

Was Gerald still offering film library services until his death? I used to see him at the Festival of Fantastic Films in Manchester. He used to compile and present programmes of amazingly obscure films.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Rob Koeling
Master Film Handler

- posted October 21, 2005 09:49 AM      Profile for Rob Koeling     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know if he was renting out films. I just bought the odd film from him. Either via his website or Ebay.

I didn't realize he was associated with the Fantastic Film festival. I went there twice ( 7 and 6 years ago). A very nice little festival. I saw many obscure horror and science fiction films there. I was mainly in touch with one of the other organizers of that festival: Harry Nadler. Another incredibly nice fellow film collector that left this world much too early.

- Rob

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted October 21, 2005 10:12 AM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think it was after the sad death of Harry that Gerald became close involved at Manchester, in the last 3 years or so.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Mal Brake
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 29, 2005 08:16 AM      Profile for Mal Brake     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gerald Price lived just a few miles from here.A couple of collector friends who were frequent visitors to his home told me that Gerald's widow was considering two or three offers for the complete collection, so the business no longer operates.
Mal

--------------------
I'm gonna live forever or die trying

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC