8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » Gaumont-Kalee 21 35 mm

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Gaumont-Kalee 21 35 mm
David Evans
Junior

- posted November 18, 2005 01:25 AM      Profile for David Evans   Email David Evans   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi

Hope no-one minds my mentioing 35 mm here - my aplogies in advance if you do - but I have a G-K 21 bought accidentally at an unviewed auction (Lot ### - Various film projectors....) which has a couple of drive gears missing between the vision and sound heads. I guess the previous owner put them away carefully, as they protrude below the vision head casing when the thing is dismantled, and they got separated from the rest of the machine. Apart from that it is potentially workable, though the sound amp is missing. Can no doubt adapt something here.

Does anyone know of a source of parts for these machines?

Thanks in anticipation.

By the way, it also came with a dozen or so feature films in huge steel cases....

David Evans

|  IP: Logged

Rob Koeling
Master Film Handler

- posted November 18, 2005 04:41 AM      Profile for Rob Koeling     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
David,

...bought accidentally...

I'm not sure how well that would go down at my home! It's like buying an elephant 'accidentally'...

Post your request on www.35mmforum.com. There are a few people running Kalee machines active on that forum. Might be worth to do a search on Kalee. You will find at least a few Kalee owners in the UK and Australia.

Last year I mentioned a little photo/film gear shop in Amsterdam. The owner is called Johan Kalee. He put one of these enormous 35mm Kalee projectors (I can't remember the model, but it is much bigger than the 21) in his tiny shop. It probably takes up a fifth of all the space he got in his shop. Beautiful machines!

- Rob

David Evans
Junior

- posted December 08, 2005 10:17 PM      Profile for David Evans   Email David Evans   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Rob! Will do that. Yes, it wasn't an ideal thing to acquire, but you can't really throw it away, can you???

Beautiful engineering etc...

Regards

David

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC