8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » B&H variation problem

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: B&H variation problem
Dan Caprio
Junior

- posted February 17, 2006 03:58 PM      Profile for Dan Caprio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello I have a B&H 535 16mm projector that has recently started to act up.Picked it up on Ebay in like new condition. Ran fine for a few days and now The motor speed slows down quite a bit for about a minute or so then picks back up to normal running speed and then after awhile it does it again. Is it the motor or something else before I tear into it. I have a few part machines. thanks Dan

|  IP: Logged

John Whittle
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 17, 2006 08:29 PM      Profile for John Whittle   Email John Whittle       Edit/Delete Post 
Dan

Can you hear a speed change in the motor (not just the projector mechanism)? If the motor stays on speed, check the belt for slippage or dirt. If the motor is dipping, then replace the motor. The US machines I think were all induction motors so it would sound like an internal wiring problem. If it isn't, then it's a speed control board problem but I thought those motors were only used in the US on the Marc300 machines. The international machines had motor speed control boards since they were set for various voltages so if it's one of those, that might be the source of the trouble.

John

Dan Caprio
Junior

- posted February 18, 2006 09:48 AM      Profile for Dan Caprio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the reply John it was just the small belt attatched to the motor flywheel that was slipping badly. I replaced it with an older one and it runs fine. I think Larry has replacemnt belts for this model will check out his web site thanks again! Dan

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC