8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » newbie

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: newbie
Colin Wilson
Junior

- posted April 11, 2006 11:54 AM      Profile for Colin Wilson   Email Colin Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi
first posting on the forum but i feel i know you all as i have read all previous postings to catch up i have just bought a b+h tq3 to add to my 1200 elmo and my st 600 i got into this a few years back when my dad gave me his cine equipment as he no longer used it in fact he thought it was extinct so i done a bit of trawling the net and found that you can still get fuji film for shooting so i ordred some to give it a try on his fujica p1 well i'm now totally hooked and have spent a small fortune on films, editors, machines well you guy,s know what i'm saying it was a forum member who introduced me to this forum when i bought his st600 it is a goldmine of information and everyone seems so helpful i don't know if i will be of help in the technical side of thing,s but you never know i do have a question if anyone can shed a bit of light for me the b+h i bought has a very small screen size for home use the lens in it is a 51cm f/1.2 can you get a lens to give a bigger picture as i don.t want to tear the wall's down if so would it be a zoom lens well hope i am not being to forward comin in with a question straight off thanks colin
p.s. again great forum
| IP

|  IP: Logged

David Park
Master Film Handler

- posted April 11, 2006 04:46 PM      Profile for David Park   Email David Park   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes you can buy shorter lenes for the B& H.
1.5", 32mm, 38mm and a 40mm
1" rare, and 0.625" very rare.
Best place is Ebay.
The shorter they get the higher thier prices due to demand.
There is an adaptor zoom which will screw into the 1.5" to 2.5" lenes and makes them + or - 12.5mm.
There ia a zoom lens f1.6 35mm to approx 65mm
also a zoom f1.3 32mm to approx 65mm

--------------------
Regards,
David

Colin Wilson
Junior

- posted April 11, 2006 07:20 PM      Profile for Colin Wilson   Email Colin Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi
thanks david just a bit new to the lens side so appreciate your helpthat makes sense the way you put it across
regards
colin

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 13, 2006 12:05 PM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Colin

Welcome to the forum, I don't often drop into the 16mm section as my interest is mostly in 8mm, but it's always good to welcome a new member [Smile] .

Mike.

--------------------
Auntie Em must have stopped wondering where I am by now...

Colin Wilson
Junior

- posted April 13, 2006 05:22 PM      Profile for Colin Wilson   Email Colin Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thanks mike
nice to get a welcome hope you are enjoying your journey would love to have the same chance to do it myself
regards
colin

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted April 13, 2006 05:34 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes If I havent said it it date....Welcome.
As you know if you have read all the posts theres a wealth of know how on this forum and virtually every question gets an answer from someone even if it is to say....sod off!!!
But on a serious note enjoy and obviously contribute where you can.

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Michael De Angelis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 13, 2006 08:10 PM      Profile for Michael De Angelis   Email Michael De Angelis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome Colin,

Let the film unspool with that
wonderful ticky - ticky, clicky-clicky,
through those wonderful machines. [Smile]

Michael

--------------------
Isn't it great that we can all communicate about this great
hobby that we love!

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted April 13, 2006 10:47 PM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome, Colin, you will find this is cat's pajamas as far as web forums. No attitudes here, just a bunch of swell people. Some sweller than others. Reminds me, I've got to stop buttering the popcorn. [Big Grin]

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted April 13, 2006 11:16 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What do you mean, "no attitudes!!" [Razz]

--------------------
Call me Phoenix. *dusts off the ashes*

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted April 14, 2006 09:34 AM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmmmmmmmmmm Jan, maybe I picked the wrong word. I've got it! No altitudes! [Big Grin]

Tony Milman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 14, 2006 12:50 PM      Profile for Tony Milman   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Milman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Colin and Welcome [Smile]

--------------------
Tony

Colin Wilson
Junior

- posted April 14, 2006 01:35 PM      Profile for Colin Wilson   Email Colin Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thanks for the warm welcome
i have since bought a lens and awaiting arrival description by seller is
I have a Bell and Howell 1 inch lens for sale 1.6
This lens was made in Japan and it has the serial or model number
0279044 is this the lens that is hard to get that was mentioned
(1 inch)or an alternative just wondering if anyone knows of the lens as long as i get shot of the portable t.v. screen i have at the momment can't wait
thanks
colin

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted April 15, 2006 10:25 AM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Colin,

glad you were able to hook up with the seller and buy his lens. [Smile] Seeing as that it's made in Japan... I'm not sure, it may not be an original B&H lens, it might be a Sankor or Buhl lens in a B&H sleeve... but it should be good nonetheless. [Smile]
I did have a 1-inch lens for my Eiki SSL-0 for a while but it was only rated f1:1.9 and I wanted something brighter, so I sold that one off... but somewhat regret it now. Ahwell, that homemade super-8-zoom-lens-stuffed-into-an-Eiki-sleeve of mine will tide me over 'till I find what I want. [Smile]

--------------------
Call me Phoenix. *dusts off the ashes*

Michael De Angelis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 15, 2006 10:28 AM      Profile for Michael De Angelis   Email Michael De Angelis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Colin,

To my understanding, the Japan made lens, is superior to the rest.
You've got a winner there.

Michael

--------------------
Isn't it great that we can all communicate about this great
hobby that we love!

Colin Wilson
Junior

- posted April 15, 2006 05:11 PM      Profile for Colin Wilson   Email Colin Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi
thanks again i will keep you posted when i receive it
just thought i would ask to see if anyone knew of this lens
thanks
colin

Dimitris Triantopoulos
Junior

- posted April 18, 2006 11:55 AM      Profile for Dimitris Triantopoulos   Email Dimitris Triantopoulos   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi also from me Colin [Wink]

Newbial greetings

--------------------
Mitsos
New York, NY

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC