8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » EBAY & DEALERS

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: EBAY & DEALERS
peter booth
Master Film Handler

- posted August 15, 2006 10:41 AM      Profile for peter booth   Email peter booth       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Everyone,
I recently was bidding for a 16mm feature on Ebay A MAN FOR ALL SEASONS,some of you may have seen it listed.I did'nt win it as I was beaten by the seller.On his description he stated that it was listed elsewhere and that he reserved the right to end the auction early,in this case the auction went the full term.Can you bid & win your own material under Ebay rules?.I know who the dealer is and I will certainly have second thoughts about purchasing from him again.My bid went to £160 and yes he may have been expecting more but thats a risk you take when listing on an auction surely.Anyone else had this happen to them?regards,Peter.

|  IP: Logged

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted August 15, 2006 06:12 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Are you quite sure the seller bid on and won his own auction? [Confused] That's not actually possible... if you list an item and try to enter a bid on it afterward, eBay will simply refuse it. Perhaps you could give a link to the auction?

--------------------
Call me Phoenix. *dusts off the ashes*

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted August 16, 2006 06:35 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jan,

I think what Peter meant was the seller ended the auction early. And according to the Ebay's rule there is nothing wrong with it.

I have chatted with one of Ebay's agent and he confirmed the seller CAN end his/her auction. No matter that is reserve or no reserve auction.

But for many sellers, they prefer not to end early in hoping for a snipper.

cheers,

--------------------
Winbert

peter booth
Master Film Handler

- posted August 16, 2006 11:39 AM      Profile for peter booth   Email peter booth       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi everyone,
I feel that I owe the dealer a huge apology for my concerns I voiced on the Forum.The winner apparently is a collector but has an Ebay name very similar to the dealer in question,and I hold my hands up,I got it wrong,so Ian I hope you will accept my humble apology and keep up the good work,best wishes,Peter.

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted August 16, 2006 08:28 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, there we have it. All's well that ends well. [Smile]

--------------------
Call me Phoenix. *dusts off the ashes*

Ian O'Reilly
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 23, 2006 05:49 AM      Profile for Ian O'Reilly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Apology accepted Peter. [Smile]

Ian

peter booth
Master Film Handler

- posted August 23, 2006 11:47 AM      Profile for peter booth   Email peter booth       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Ian,best wishes,Peter.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC