8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » What Film For Halloween?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What Film For Halloween?
Dan Lail
Film God

- posted September 23, 2006 07:38 PM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I thought I would start it off. [Smile] What 16mm film or films are you showing for Halloween? I thought about Horror Of Dracula. [Eek!]

|  IP: Logged

Paul Spinks
Master Film Handler

- posted September 23, 2006 08:38 PM      Profile for Paul Spinks   Email Paul Spinks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A James Whale double bill this year "The Invisible Man" and "The Bride of Frankenstein".

Robert Aragon
Master Film Handler

- posted September 23, 2006 09:38 PM      Profile for Robert Aragon   Email Robert Aragon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
LPP mint print of mario bava classic BLACK SABBATH

Gary Crawford
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 06, 2006 08:53 AM      Profile for Gary Crawford     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Will be showing The Beast with Five Fingers at my local library.

Chris Smith
Film Handler

- posted October 22, 2006 06:47 PM      Profile for Chris Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am trying an outdoor show, once again. The forecast calls for clear skies and chilly Halloweenish 50 degree air--perfect for my last of season "Movies on the Deck Show" as the maple leaves rustle across the lawn. I'm running Disney's "Legend of Sleepy Hollow" followed by the Universal feature "Murder in the Blue Room", a musical haunted house classic, to be sure. Come 10/28, "Boogie Woogie Boogie Man" will be blaring through my neighborhood.

Chris Drumma
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 23, 2006 07:25 AM      Profile for Chris Drumma   Email Chris Drumma   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I will be showing outside hopefully, Halloween is Grinch Night (just won off e-bay Woo Hoo!) and A& C Meet Frankenstein.
Can't wait til halloween.
Chris

Gary Crawford
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 27, 2006 07:40 AM      Profile for Gary Crawford     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Chris ....sent you a private email, but not sure if it went through...but at any rate....Murder in the Blue Room is an absolute hoot....and since getting a print of it about ten years ago, it has become a favorite of my audiences and my family. I show films at the local libary.....and have over the last ten years....and it is the only one I have repeated, due to popular demand. Everyone always comes out of the screenings humming Boogie Woogie Boogie Man. I loved this thing so much, I went and found the lobby card set and posters for it. I only wish they had done some more films featuring the Jazzy Belles. Great Stuff. good luck in your Halloween screening.

Chris Smith
Film Handler

- posted October 29, 2006 06:04 AM      Profile for Chris Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gary, you are so on the mark-- Murder in the Blue Room is at the top of my list as well. The Jazzy Belles OWN every scene they grace. Too bad this isn't on video-- as far as I know, it was not released on any format, and I seldom see it on lists or on eBay in 16mm. My print is a razor sharp, sparkling beauty and a definite keeper. My Halloween show was moved inside due to high winds-- it was the perfect Halloweenish atmosphere-- but it would have been havoc for my screen. I did not receive an email from you. Try: glcody26 (at) comcast (dot) net

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC