8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » Bell & Howell 640 For Sale

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bell & Howell 640 For Sale
Simon McConway
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 08, 2006 03:44 PM      Profile for Simon McConway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wooden blimped machine with magnetic playback and record. Requires 110v transformer, otherwise complete and in very good condition. Also, not sure if the sound is operational. £8 to anyone able to collect at Derann's Blackpool bash on 19th November.

|  IP: Logged

David Park
Master Film Handler

- posted November 16, 2006 02:18 PM      Profile for David Park   Email David Park   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That must be one of the last of the early B&H with the blimp case. These last models were supplied to run on 240v 1000w lamp.
But I know a 110/115v 1000w or maybe 1200w lamp could be used via a transformer to give a little more light ouput.
I never saw one being used with a transformer myself. I would assume the 'Y' lead gave 110v to lamp and 240v to the amp and motor.

Bring it to Blackpool and put on the Bring and Buy, you could do that with the Marc300 as well.
See you there.

--------------------
Regards,
David

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC